Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
At this stage of the game, I would say even if it's fear mongering, it's plain old common sense. For every case they report, you have to multiply it by at least 10 or even 20x. No need for confirmation from official figures ha ha, this is the real world , this is Argentina. Nothing new in that message. If people are not able to psychologically deal with the reality that is fast approaching now, how will will they possibly cope with the real thing? Denial is deadly at this juncture in time.
Thank you for your bullshit reasoning and support of fear mongering.

Thank you for your bullshit reasoning and support of fear mongering.

Yours posts here against Notebook Fix and Somewhereinba are uncalled for . Both these members over the years have supported this forum with excellent posts and common sense . Expressing a point of view that you are not in agreement with is not fearmongering.

Up to now the coronavirus outbreak in Argentina and the world has vastly exceeded everyones worst fears and is not getting any better soon . Human beings have to deal with this new reality that will disrupt our lives for a long time , Expats here on this forum must band together and support each other as we are all in the same boat now rich and poor . How long before this passes its a wild guess but in the meantime we need to take all precautions and live as cheaply as possible .

Last edited:
11 March
My mission today, a quick trip out to find isopropyl alcohol or alcohol gel and pick up a few more things for the long stay larder.
The short story is, in this neighborhood, there is NO ALCOHOL of any sort to be found. Slogging from pharmacy to pharmacy and finally
the Aleman Hospital on Pueyrredon where i waited in line at their pharmacy nearly an our to be told none available of any kind.
A hospital without isopropyl alcohol!! Also Coto on French, nada or the local hardware store. Counter people made vague references to more stock in the future. Should you go on your own hunt be sure to take a powerful magnifying glass. The back labels on products are extremely small and hard to read.
Today Saturday, following the recommends of MilHojas and my own sleuthing out the alcohol and spray bottles to make alcohol hand sanitizer at home I was missing one recommended ingredient, glycerol. Out today to pharmacies to buy but NO STOCK of glycerol / glycerine. With a scowl the pharmacist rattled off a list of the alcohol or alcohol gel products not available, without further explanation, and recommended I call Centro de Salud. Again, no personal knowledge of how widespread this is, but alarming that one of the first line means for people to prevent infection, from extremely common compounds, normally available anywhere, is not available at a moment that prevention is critical. Except it's available through online sellers at Mercado Libre.

Last edited:
Today Saturday, following the recommends of MilHojas and my own sleuthing out the alcohol and spray bottles to make alcohol hand sanitizer at home I was missing one recommended ingredient, glycerol. Out today to pharmacies to buy but NO STOCK of glycerol / glycerine. With a scowl the pharmacist rattled off a list of the alcohol or alcohol gel products not available, without further explanation, and recommended I call Centro de Salud. Again, no personal knowledge of how widespread this is, but alarming that one of the first line means for people to prevent infection, from extremely common compounds, normally available anywhere, is not available at a moment that prevention is critical. Except it's available through online sellers at Mercado Libre.
Relax buddy everything will be fine - there is no shortage of anything - just ask the Government.

I'm not your "buddy", find your sarcasm annoying, your indiscriminate condemnation of the government infantile and pointless....and I won't be seeing your posts in future.
I hope tomorrow you feel better sir - a life of anger and sadness is not the goal. Best of luck in your life journey - big hugs.

Guys - I am growing exponentially concerned regarding the constant update, numbers, and restrictions regarding the current situation in Argentina. I completely understand the need, BUT I am supposed to give birth (via a sched C-section) in about 5-1/2 weeks.
I know that excessive worrying is not good for my current condition, but right now, there is a great deal of uncertainty for the remainder of my pregnancy (such as the standard need for frequent doctor’ appointments at this stage, acquiring prescription meds, and so on).
My husband is kind of “grounding“ me (which I do understand, especially since I have always liked to get out of the house to change things up) unless the occasion is like a medical appointment. He is willing to do what he can regarding buy our food, etc., but then I REALLY start to panic about what might happen if a government ordered quarantine is implemented, what specific restrictions it could entail, and how I am going to safely deliver my son (and what to do if God-forbid I go into labor early or experience a complication :( ).
I have attempted to Google what a quarantine situation might entail, and only succeeded in opening a huge Pandora’s box, and I have made myself sick with worry.
Does anyone have any insight regarding what might realistically happen?
*SIGH*

Guys - I am growing exponentially concerned regarding the constant update, numbers, and restrictions regarding the current situation in Argentina. I completely understand the need, BUT I am supposed to give birth (via a sched C-section) in about 5-1/2 weeks.
I know that excessive worrying is not good for my current condition, but right now, there is a great deal of uncertainty for the remainder of my pregnancy (such as the standard need for frequent doctor’ appointments at this stage, acquiring prescription meds, and so on).
My husband is kind of “grounding“ me (which I do understand, especially since I have always liked to get out of the house to change things up) unless the occasion is like a medical appointment. He is willing to do what he can regarding buy our food, etc., but then I REALLY start to panic about what might happen if a government ordered quarantine is implemented, what specific restrictions it could entail, and how I am going to safely deliver my son (and what to do if God-forbid I go into labor early or experience a complication :( ).
I have attempted to Google what a quarantine situation might entail, and only succeeded in opening a huge Pandora’s box, and I have made myself sick with worry.
Does anyone have any insight regarding what might realistically happen?
*SIGH*

VV stay calm this will pass. Worst case scenario if the medical or social system gets out of control it is not difficult to give birth at home, if needed, humans have been born that for thousands of year previous to modern medicine. It would be as natural and normal today as was in the past, I really would not worry to much about it. You and your husband can do research on the web, youtube etc...to be prepared just in case.

Most likely the government would have contingency plans in the place for your pregnancy as well you might want to contact the health ministry and see if there are any such plans in place as of yet.

Are there any dedicated birthing clinics in BA? You might want to look into that as well and have a contingency plan with a birthing clinic as that is all they do.

I would say look into all possible options have contingency plans and take life one day at a time for the time being. This too shall pass.

Back