Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
I have heard rumors it will be t the end of May 2020
To me its unthinkable. It will result in just as much issues as COVID-19 is causing. Different problems for sure, but just as significant. I just don't see how a quarantine can effectively be implemented until the end of May. Many people won't come out the other side without major help from the government. Argentina is not economically placed to provide that help and I predict anything past the middle of April will result in shit very quickly hitting the fan.

To me its unthinkable. It will result in just as much issues as COVID-19 is causing. Different problems for sure, but just as significant. I just don't see how a quarantine can effectively be implemented until the end of May. Many people won't come out the other side without major help from the government. Argentina is not economically placed to provide that help and I predict anything past the middle of April will result in shit very quickly hitting the fan.

I fully agree with you Semi and am completely not in agreement with these policies . More people will die from other causes that is not covid19 due to not accessing money , food, and medicines . Not to mention peoples mental health after such a long lockdown .

While I couldn't agree more, in principle, what other realistic choices are there?
With people confined, as it is now, anyone caught outside, is stepping on a clear legal line.
If they relax the quarantine, they will likely have the exact same economic mayhem plus complete and uncontrolable social chaos.
Forget about any market, chino or otherwise, daring to open their doors or having supply trucks on the roads.

No good alternatives, only bad choices and the dilemma of finding the lesser evil.

We're fooked!

Keep your chins up and your heads clear.

Iz

I have heard rumors it will be t the end of May 2020
[/QUOTE
I fully agree with you Semi and am completely not in agreement with these policies . More people will die from other causes that is not covid19 due to not accessing money , food, and medicines . Not to mention peoples mental health after such a long lockdown .

This is going to get more nuts by the day it seems. Eating instant noodles for lunch today I have not eaten those in decades. Rations for lunch good stuff for diner here. Just cracked tonight's malbec think I will just get drunk and take my portable fire pit and drink till I pass out on the beach across the street. Wife will be mad for a few days but she will get over it.

Last edited:
Here´s one way to kill almost three hours:

PS: This is still my favorite end of the world movie (and it really is THE END).

PS2: At the moment, both films are downloadable on a PC.

Last edited:
This endless quarantine is a cure than is worse than the disease.

Even if 3 or 5 percent of the people die, is that worse than economic collapse worse than the 2000 crisis.

More people could very well end up starving to death or having their house burned down in riots.

And the children will suffer the most.

It's better to have some old folks die off then have millions of kids living in the street going through garbage containers for scraps or end up being trafficked...

I went to a store today. Groceries are open (including a chino at the corner). Also pharmacies, verdulerias, panaderias are open.

You quoted me completely out of context.

What I said is IF the quarantine is not extended, it will likely not be safe for any food store to open.
As it is now, people are not alowed on the streets if they are not shopping for supplies.

Well aware of the current status and orderly way things are going, so far.

Iz

Back