Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
We’re having problems with the Disco website ( went to the supermarket on Uriburu in Recoleta today, waited in the queue for 30 mins, saw how they were loading deliveries into the vans and thought there must be a better way). Anyway, we have a Jumbo user, we tried to order online but it looks like all the delivery slots are unavailable for the next week? There’s nothing selectable, there’s a diagonal line through them all. Everything’s really booked out? Any ideas?

We’re having problems with the Disco website ( went to the supermarket on Uriburu in Recoleta today, waited in the queue for 30 mins, saw how they were loading deliveries into the vans and thought there must be a better way). Anyway, we have a Jumbo user, we tried to order online but it looks like all the delivery slots are unavailable for the next week? There’s nothing selectable, there’s a diagonal line through them all. Everything’s really booked out? Any ideas?
What you describe sounds familiar. Suggestion: Rappi - go online on our cell phone, do a search for Rappi and download the app. You can shop from there. Rappi buys products for you from Coto, Disco, Jumbo, Carrefour and delivers.
You can also register yourself and use their website from a desktop, easier to use when shopping.

I guess you saw that another option with Disco is to select the groceries online and then go pick them up yourself. I realize you may not be able to pick them up yourself (and that's what you were asking about delivery), but doing it that way, we were able to get a pick up date of next Wednesday.

Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry interviews Dr. Anthony Fauci about coronavirus

This endless quarantine is a cure than is worse than the disease.

Even if 3 or 5 percent of the people die, is that worse than economic collapse worse than the 2000 crisis.

More people could very well end up starving to death or having their house burned down in riots.

And the children will suffer the most.

It's better to have some old folks die off then have millions of kids living in the street going through garbage containers for scraps or end up being trafficked...

The latest discussion in the US is about a phased restart. People who have had the virus and presumably have immunity, they could return to work immediately. Cities or counties without many cases might also restart sooner rather than later. Older people or those with health problems would continue to be sheltered.

At Trumps update press conference yesterday Dr. Birx said that, as this epidemic continues, the data is showing that some of the models we have been using are wrong. For example because so many people had a mild case and were never tested the survival rates might be much closer to the rate of seasonal flu. Might.

"Economic conflicts are being generated, but when you govern you have to face dilemmas and the option was to take care of the economy or life – I chose to take care of the life and health of the Argentine people," he declared.

"Economic conflicts are being generated, but when you govern you have to face dilemmas and the option was to take care of the economy or life – I chose to take care of the life and health of the Argentine people," he declared.
He's right at the moment. If the quarantine extends into May (I mean, who knows at this point) I don't think its economy vs. life. That's an easy side to choose. I think the question becomes life vs. life. I have been watching Martin Ciccioli visit villas on the news this week and it's clear to me if the lockdown goes on for an extended period economic factors will cost lives. The people were already living on the edge day-to-day and now had their ability to work (sometimes even the most menial of jobs) removed.

So, unfortunately, the economy cannot be ignored by simply saying choose life. More like, who's life do we choose? Again, we are not there yet but the conditions of the lockdown will push many people into absolute poverty if it continues. By the way, I have no clue what the answer to the problem is and am not advocating either way, just trying to point out some things that seem obvious but are apparently being ignored.

26178436c09505b70193adddde0784a6e11bfe94.gifv

Iz

Back