"Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine triggers immune response"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Argentine volunteer for the Oxford vaccine against coronavirus. Pablo Andrés Berra is 54 years old and has lived in South Africa for 12 years, the fifth country with the most cases of coronavirus in the world, with more than 380 thousand infections. Berra admits that out of fear of the number of cases he contacted the laboratory of the University of the Witts to volunteer for the vaccine test at the Jenner Institute at the University of Oxford....

I heard a very positive podcast today about the Oxford vaccine by two very well regarded American epidemiologists. They think it will be available in the U.S. in large numbers in the Fall. I don't know if that means September or later towards November. Hopefully the former.

Let's hope it comes soon, hopefully Argentina has / will manage to secure early access to vaccines after hosting trials here otherwise it could be a long wait until it reaches our shores.

My hypothesis is that even when a vaccine appears to be imminent, most governments (especially this one...) will continue tourism restrictions until travellers can provide certification of having a current vaccination as well as various restrictions on social gatherings and business activities where there is circulation. Otherwise the political risk or "defeat" of normalising these final frontiers before the vaccine "cures it" could simply be too damaging. With over a billion international travellers to vaccinate and a few billion others, most of us probably won't have our wings back until well into 2021, especially if priority goes to elderly and immunocompromised etc.

The masterful explanation of an Argentine doctor about the Oxford vaccine that went viralIn an exclusive dialogue with Infobae, Marta Cohen, a pediatric pathologist working at the Children's Hospital in Sheffield, UK, analyzed the most important points that preliminary trials of the experimental vaccine against COVID-19 showed.....

World's major laboratories revealed what will be the cost of a dose of the coronavirus vaccine developed by Moderna, Pfizer and Merck,
AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.

Bloomberg/In the UK
They already tested the Oxford vaccine against Covid-19 in almost ten thousand persons
It is a key step in finding a solution that helps control the pandemic.
The laboratory will administer doses to 5,000 volunteers in Brazil and tests are about to begin in the US....

In 1976 a vaccine was used in the US. 25 people died; at least 500 were paralyzed. I know one of those who was totally paralyzed. It took two years for him to recover speech and movement. This vaccine is being rushed and we cannot know for some time if it is really safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back