Cost Of Labor - Painter...

Tommy1978

Registered
hi all

I have a wine stain on a painted wall in my apartment. If I go to the agency (it is an internet rental) I am concerned they will go to town and take a sizable chunk of my deposit to do essentially a simple touching up job.

This might appear pessimistic but it is how it works in London anyhow, more cash if you get the landlords to repair.

I need a painter to touch it up and get the color right. it is a small patch. I would do it myself but it would be the first time and I could mess up.....

has anyone had something similar done before here? any ideas to a rough cost for this so I have something to work with before going to find someone or ask the agency to do it....

thanks

The only way you ever learn to do anything is by trying.
Take a tiny sample of the paint from somewhere it wont show, go to the nearest paint store, and get some paint mixed. Buy a brush- if its that small, you can buy a little brush at the stationary store. Paint the wall.
This is not rocket science.

Or, if you are really that helpless- paint stores know who the good painters are. They deal with them every day. Ask at the paint store.

Depending on the color and the quality of the paint a wine stain might well bleed thru, clean best you can first.

Have you tried one of those wall mark eraser sponges, they sell them in all the big grocery stores.

Thanks, I cleaned it with a sponge as best I could so it is a dark shadowy stain now. quite faint actually, but there all the same.
I have seen these things touched up before.

obviously concerned I will be taken for a ride here if I put it in their hands. with "oh the whole apartment has to be redone...." or, "that paint was rare, not sold anymore"

money grabbing is the name of the game in these circumstances. thats my experience anyhow. I need someone on my side when the bill comes in!!!

lesson - don't spill the wine.

The only way you ever learn to do anything is by trying.
Take a tiny sample of the paint from somewhere it wont show, go to the nearest paint store, and get some paint mixed. Buy a brush- if its that small, you can buy a little brush at the stationary store. Paint the wall.
This is not rocket science.

Or, if you are really that helpless- paint stores know who the good painters are. They deal with them every day. Ask at the paint store.

yes am researching the DIY approach.
interested to see if there was a more experienced pair of hands looking for the work.

Take Ries's advise, but first use a quick dry (water based) sealer, also purchased at the paint store.
Nancy

Quite a frequent issue for expats here :p

http://baexpats.org/topic/13864-big-trouble-help/

Back