Cost Of Living

Joe, try the one on Laprida almost Santa Fe (near a parking, in front of a Hotel) they are from Taiwan. Cheap and delicious.

They are going to deposit pesos into your US bank account?????!?!!!?

Yes, that part too. They aren't going to be pay you in the US in pesos. Or are they saying they'll give you the equivalent (at the official rate) of 8000 pesos there. Which is oh.. about 1100 dolllars. Except I'm a little unclear how they're going to pay you since no US bank will accept pesos and no company can send dollars out of the country.

I live on $6,750.00 ARS a month...

It's not a great life and I'm still praying I'll get a Visa but I make it work. Granted I don't do much other than work and haven't had breakfast in 8 months, generally have 1.5 meals aday and buy my groceries from the poor people store (Dia).
I also have a 2 bedroom apartment that I get 1 room in.

Long story short I found away to live on $562.50 USD and you can too buy it's a meager existence.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to start a new topic and see if I can get any thoughtful insight.

I am currently living and working in the United States, and living a modest and comfortable lifestyle. I received a job offer from a company in Buenos Aires, and I learned that I will be getting compensated in 8000 pesos per month. Reading other forums and blogs, I wanted to get some opinions on whether this might be practical salary to live on. I don't live the most extravagant lifestyle, and I try to live simply, but I do enjoy some finer things and like to eat out several times a week and going out.

I'm just trying to figure out if it would be feasible to relocate in these circumstances. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Golly!

If that's just 8,000 pesos before taxes, as a foreigner without a family in BsAs, you'll be living in the city dump or under a bridge.

"but I do enjoy some finer things" - like porridge?

"like to eat out several times a week - you'l be eating out every night all right, under that bridge.

I live on $6,750.00 ARS a month...

It's not a great life and I'm still praying I'll get a Visa but I make it work. Granted I don't do much other than work and haven't had breakfast in 8 months, generally have 1.5 meals aday and buy my groceries from the poor people store (Dia).
I also have a 2 bedroom apartment that I get 1 room in.

Long story short I found away to live on $562.50 USD and you can too buy it's a meager existence.

But in your other posts you have made it clear that you are miserable here and can't wait to get out!

Why would you do anything to encourage this potentially wretched human being to move to Argentina?

Sounds like they're offering you a job sweeping floors at Retiro.
I don't mean to be unkind here, but you should really study the posts here about the cost of living, inflation and exchange controls and then ask these kind potential employers if they are aware of this too.

Back