Cost Of Living

Rent: 3000/-

Expenses/utilities: 1000/-

Cost of living: 2000 to 2500 it depends seriously

Transport (which is getting expensive day by day) at least: 1000 to 1500

Above mentioned Costs are depends if you want live with a comfort. I have seen people earning 4000/- p/m and living.

As a measly counter inflation measure, yesterday I got my hair cut convict style.
Now I look scary, but it also means I'm spreading the cost.
Ingenious really.
Oh and when I first started using this traditional gents barber in March 2012 it cost $40, now it's $90.
That my friends, is a number.

As a measly counter inflation measure, yesterday I got my hair cut convict style.
Ingenious really.
Oh and when I first started using this traditional gents barber in March 2012 it cost $40, now it's $90.

Its only 55 for a razor cut in the depths of Villa del Parque......

I don't mean minimum wage. I mean someone with a university degree and maybe starting their first or second job. I am not referring to any stats. Just info that I have from people around me that work for companies.

Yeah, that sounds about right if you are an engineer. As a person with 2 degrees (Design and Journalism) can tell you that in those areas the entry level jobs are very close to the minimum though. That's if you are lucky enough to hit a Journalism job to begin with.

Ingenious really.
I'm about to search for a Youtube tutorial on how to cut my son's hair myself, he's 10 and paying the $80 they charge for his haircut just seems ridiculous. Then again, once we see the results of my handiwork, we may decide that 80 is a fair price. :)

Mine's 2 and in Villa Urquiza it's 60 pesos for a kid's haircut! So he's wearing it long and I occasionally trim. I saw another kid's hairdresser in our "poorer" neighbour, Villa Pueyrredon, so will have to see if crossing Constituyentes drops the price at all.

Steve, where are you looking? Right now on xoom, [background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]1 USD = 9.8152 ARS, and it's been higher several days this week. (I hate this buggy editor. Bold text not intentional.)[/background]

I'm seeing it at 10.5 today.

need about 15000 pesos + rent per month to lead a decent life in the capital. Else go back to yr home country.

Back