Cost Of Replacing Motor On Ac Unit

BAGirl2004

Registered
Hi everyone,

I wanted some advice. I have a regular AC/heating unit - Zenith I believe is the brand - that I had some maintenance done on last week. Turns out the motor burned (I've been using this for 1 year now) and I have to get it replaced. Has anyone else had to do this? They quoted me at 2800 pesos, but I'm not sure if that is too high.

I'm looking for advice on if this is too much and I should get another opinion or if that's what I'm stuck paying.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Hi everyone,

I wanted some advice. I have a regular AC/heating unit - Zenith I believe is the brand - that I had some maintenance done on last week. Turns out the motor burned (I've been using this for 1 year now) and I have to get it replaced. Has anyone else had to do this? They quoted me at 2800 pesos, but I'm not sure if that is too high.

I'm looking for advice on if this is too much and I should get another opinion or if that's what I'm stuck paying.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Only one year? It might still be under warranty.

Same thing happened to mine and the quote was about the same....My landlady opted to buy a new unit versus doing the repair (not sure how much she paid for the new one).

Depends what needs to be changed. If the "bobinado" needs to be redone, you can likely find a price around 1000 pesos

Back