COVID: Argentina in sixth place

It looks to be that the way to beat the virus is having a well developed test and trace system in place, quarantining only those who have been in potential contact with the virus while everyone else gets on with life.

While he blames social gatherings Alberto might want to see where they are at with a test and trace system 7 months into the quarantine.

It's hard to fathom why Argentina is behind even Venezuela in total number tests per 1M. Additinally, despite having a smaller population, Peru has has tested nearly twice as many people. This goes beyond a policy failure. Either this country's health care system has been in bad shape for a very long time, or the numbers are simply bogus. Perhaps both.
This was apparent months ago when EU and Asian countries were bucking the trend as a result of test/ trace measures, yet this government preferred to spend all its money on ventilators and modular hospitals because these things look much more “wow” for a camera than a snotty old hisopado... plus they had already invested.

The reality is that Argentina has limited financial resources, especially USD, and can’t have it all - but we also have inept career politicians calling the shots who favor propaganda over results. There are 20 minute pin-prick or spit tests available even in Brazil and used at many international airports around the world ... here there are only 24-48 hours after sending it to a lab to use the much lauded “national technology“ with prices in ARS. Argenquality.

It's hard to fathom why Argentina is behind even Venezuela in total number tests per 1M. Additinally, despite having a smaller population, Peru has has tested nearly twice as many people. This goes beyond a policy failure. Either this country's health care system has been in bad shape for a very long time, or the numbers are simply bogus. Perhaps both.
i'm willing to bet the answer is both

This was apparent months ago when EU and Asian countries were bucking the trend as a result of test/ trace measures, yet this government preferred to spend all its money on ventilators and modular hospitals because these things look much more “wow” for a camera than a snotty old hisopado... plus they had already invested.

The reality is that Argentina has limited financial resources, especially USD, and can’t have it all - but we also have inept career politicians calling the shots who favor propaganda over results. There are 20 minute pin-prick or spit tests available even in Brazil and used at many international airports around the world ... here there are only 24-48 hours after sending it to a lab to use the much lauded “national technology“ with prices in ARS. Argenquality.
I did the Argentine one - got results in 24hours. I don't expect things to improve or get more efficient - the country simply isn't built to adapt and evolve. It's stuck in a very old and backwards mentality.

Maybe you should wish to be forgotten about...
If the central government had its way in the city, we would not be back to normal and our cases would still be going up. Hell we probably wouldn’t even be allowed out for exercise...
Here our cases are going down yet the only thing we are really missing are schools, nightclubs and indoor malls.

I'm worried that they will keep these restrictions, things in BA go back to normal, and then the next thing you know everyone forget about returning the interior back to normal. I dont want this bs to be our new baseline reality.

I think even Alberto has realised that the lockdowns don't work.. Thats why things aren't quite as locked down as before. I now know multiple people who contracted the virus here and majority had little to no symptoms (although they were mid 30's).

Back