COVID: Argentina in sixth place

Score one more to the "Bolsonaro was right all along", meme.
This thing should not be political, in my opinion it should be a personal choice. Those who are scared can stay locked inside all year - those who aren't should not have to and should be entitled to live their life. This whole thing has turned into a political battle. In what world is it right that a person looses their business that they have spent decades building just for the Government to tell them oh sorry badluck we are protecting the elderly... Its an absolute disgrace.

This thing should not be political, in my opinion it should be a personal choice. Those who are scared can stay locked inside all year - those who aren't should not have to and should be entitled to live their life. This whole thing has turned into a political battle. In what world is it right that a person looses their business that they have spent decades building just for the Government to tell them oh sorry badluck we are protecting the elderly... Its an absolute disgrace.

That was what he was saying all along. I don't like him one bit, but he was globally mocked for position that today is considered somewhat common sense, but it was quite a taboo a few months ago. Even I was ready to crucify the guy.

That was what he was saying all along. I don't like him one bit, but he was globally mocked for position that today is considered somewhat common sense, but it was quite a taboo a few months ago. Even I was ready to crucify the guy.

Leaving aside the silly rhetoric he used to sell his policy, his approach seems pragmatic, almost fatalistic, in that Brazil simply has limited resources to control a large scale pandemic and infections were going to be massive no matter what. Therefore he went with the better of two bad options. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. AMLO in Mexico was also heavily criticized internationally for refusing to completely shut down the country, now cases in Mexico are falling while having no restrictions at all on internatonal travel in and out of the country.

It's not fair to compare this with Trump's do-nothing approach as some people have, because the US does have the resources to contain a pandemic, but his administration simply chose not to act, and ignored the recommendations of their own experts.

Leaving aside the silly rhetoric he used to sell his policy, his approach seems pragmatic, almost fatalistic, in that Brazil simply has limited resources to control a large scale pandemic and infections were going to be massive no matter what. Therefore he went with the better of two bad options. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. AMLO in Mexico was also heavily criticized internationally for refusing to completely shut down the country, now cases in Mexico are falling while having no restrictions at all on internatonal travel in and out of the country.

It's not fair to compare this with Trump's do-nothing approach as some people have, because the US does have the resources to contain a pandemic, but his administration simply chose not to act, and ignored the recommendations of their own experts.
To be fair to Trump he actually pushed it onto the states to do what they wanted... Look at how badly New York fucked up - Cuomo sent the elderly with covid into nursing homes..

Health care is in pesos all Nac & Pop.
20 minute rapid COVID tests, imported ventilators, medicinal technology and drugs are in USD. Argentina is and was behind the times on a lot of these things - while it waits to imitate and develop it locally, more people get sick and die than they need to.

I reckon few if any country has issued figures which can be believed to be all that accurate....some have been playing silly buggars which hasn't helped.

I was particularly disappointed with Harris' failure to rebut Pence's assertion that they did nothing because it was a considered and conscious choice based on their philosophy of placing trust in the people to look after their own health. That is a reasonable argument to some extent, but to me the perfect rebuttal would have been to remind him that, at the same time, he and the President were using the language of war against an invisible enemy. Presumably when you are in a war, you bring the resources of the state in, you don't just sit back and rely on the people to look after themselves.

I was particularly disappointed with Harris' failure to rebut Pence's assertion that they did nothing because it was a considered and conscious choice based on their philosophy of placing trust in the people to look after their own health. That is a reasonable argument to some extent, but to me the perfect rebuttal would have been to remind him that, at the same time, he and the President were using the language of war against an invisible enemy. Presumably when you are in a war, you bring the resources of the state in, you don't just sit back and rely on the people to look after themselves.
I don't know why it's all being pushed to Trump.. his only job was to make sure each state was equipped properly which he did. From that point on it was up to each state to manage because they are all in different stages.. Democratic states did just as bad if not worse than a lot of the Republican states. New York was a complete shit show.

Back