Covid Vaccination Argentina

Interesting professional opinion regarding the spacing of the two vaccine doses in terms of effectiveness (or lack there of) against the Delta variant. Again highlighting the need to continue taking precautions and avoid any false sense of security until more is known.

While I am open minded as to the medical findings of this opinion, I do strongly agree it is only a matter of when and not if the Delta variant will spread widely in Argentina - just like all other strains have done despite the “border controls” in place supposedly designed to stop them entering.

Unfortunately, the logic seems impeccable: “El virus cambió y está bajando la eficacia de las vacunas porque fueron hechas con un virus de hace un año atrás que ya no circula más.

Unfortunately, the logic seems impeccable: “El virus cambió y está bajando la eficacia de las vacunas porque fueron hechas con un virus de hace un año atrás que ya no circula más.
Agree. Fortunately it would appear that having the two doses are just as effective against Delta as for most other strains. Key factor here would be speed in order to keep up with or ahead of viral mutations to finally get on top of this. Perhaps we will see this line of thinking partially explain the differences we see in infection rates amongst highly vaccinated countries around the world rather than only focusing on endless discussion around which vaccines are considered better / worse? Time will tell.

If anyone reads German, this is a very harsh commentary on the vaccination campaign in Chile:

For anyone who thinks it's not correct to speak of "better" or "worse" vaccines:

"We have known for a long time that the vaccine from the Chinese manufacturer Sinovac used in this country provides good protection against severe Covid disease, but less effective protection against infection with the virus. That means the virus can also be passed on. Experts speak of a "leaky vaccine". If social distancing measures are then thrown overboard, as happened here, the virus can spread rapidly - and particularly affects the unvaccinated. We health scientists warned against this, but unfortunately we were not listened to. To me it feels like a slow-motion train wreck that I have to watch. That could have been prevented".

It's also why there's a Chilean COVID variant, for all that Chile tried to avoid the designation (officially it's "Lamba" I believe). Chile has had 7000-8000 cases per day since summer 4 months ago, perfect conditions to create a new mutation which can happen after 4 hops of the virus I understand.

I understand that in the Brazilian testcase, Serrana, more than 70% of the population needed to be vaccinated with 2 shots of Sinovac before the case numbers came down. This target would seem to be unreachable in Brazil as a whole.

Argentina, for all its faults, seems to have found much better vaccines.

Last edited:

It's already been mentioned somewhere around here, but it's worth repeating:

The virus doesn't care or know about citizenship, DNIs or permanent residency, it just knows a place (A human body) to do it's thing, wreaking havoc.

Everyone, regardless of domicile, as long as they are here, should be eligible for vaccination, if the so desire it.

It's already been mentioned somewhere around here, but it's worth repeating:
Everyone, regardless of domicile, as long as they are here, should be eligible for vaccination, if the so desire it.

Now that you repeated it, we can go back to the reality.

residency-required.jpg

Last edited:
Recently a lot of provinces have added people with autoimmune diseases to the risk categories but CABA still hasn't done so it seems
Any health issue allowed you to get the vaccine. I got it because of diabetes.

Indeed. I followed the instructions in Clarin, sending a message to the Whatsapp number (+54911 5050-0147) to see if I was really enrolled (i.e., to see whether the enrollment I did on 4 June had been successful). Once you've got the number in Whatsapp in your phone, you just send any message (e.g., "hola") to get started. "Boti", el robot de la Ciudad, writes back and asks you questions. The first answers in order are C (Vacuna Covid), C (¿Estoy en el padron?). Then Boti asks you would type of ID you have. The answer will be A (DNI), B (pasaporte) or C (Otro DNI). Then Boti asks for your document number, and then your sexo (F or M). In my case, he proceeded to inform me that the system had NOT been able to properly enroll me and that I should call 147 (which is a free call, so for those using prepaid don't worry about running out of saldo at the crucial moment).

I called 147. There were a couple of choices to get through to the right area (I think both were option 1). I was on hold for only a few minutes. They passed me through three polite staffers, I had to repeat all my enrollment data to each one (DOB, ID, phone number, email, street address). I got the impression that enrolling with a passport may have been the issue that tripped up the system. In any case, the third person I gave the information to asked me what obra social I have (because some are arranging the vaccinations for their clients, but mine isn't one of those) and then proceeded to re-enroll me, this time properly, I hope. I will report back how quickly they get in touch with me to program the vaccination (assuming they do).

Although frustrating to be in this position, the Whatsapp and 147 calling processes worked well and only took about 20-30 minutes all up.
Register at the App Mi Argentina, it works better and later you have your digital certificate with you.

21 June 2021 at 8:45pm
Covid-19: as of tomorrow adults from 40 to 44 years old will be able to register for the vaccine. They can register at the official website. It will be announced at a press conference by the CABA Minister of Health, Fernán Quirós....

Back