Covid Vaccination Argentina

Register at the App Mi Argentina, it works better and later you have your digital certificate with you.
MiArgentina demands a DNI to register. It has a field to put either a passport number or a cuil. I can enter a passport number. But the same registration page demands the number on the DNI in order to register.

Update: It is now six days since I re-registered over the phone and 18 days since I first registered (on the day my age group opened). The city has not made contact by phone, email or Whatsapp. I started a conversation by Whatsapp with my good friend Boti, el robot de la Ciudad, this time asking him when my turno is scheduled for. He asked for my passport number instantly. I answered instantly. Then he asked for my sexo. And I answered instantly. But since then he has gone to ground. Not a peep out of him for half an hour. Friends are advising me to simply turn up to a vaccination center. I will put a call through to #147 now, but if nothing further happens today, I will present at my nearest center tomorrow. Does anyone know where the closest center to Callao y Santa Fe is?

Update: I see there is one at Hospital de Clinicas on Cordoba. Heading there first thing tomorrow. I rang #147 and got an operator who politely told me that I would just have to waiting to be notified by Whatsapp or email when a vaccine was available. She of course had no answer when I pointed out that people I know who are younger than me, who are not on the front line, and who registered after me have already had their dose.

Conclusion: the system is not working very well. You can enroll, you can re-enroll. And when nothing still happens, ringing and insisting seems to do no good.

Update: I see there is one at Hospital de Clinicas on Cordoba. Heading there first thing tomorrow. I rang #147 and got an operator who politely told me that I would just have to waiting to be notified by Whatsapp or email when a vaccine was available. She of course had no answer when I pointed out that people I know who are younger than me, who are not on the front line, and who registered after me have already had their dose.

Conclusion: the system is not working very well. You can enroll, you can re-enroll. And when nothing still happens, ringing and insisting seems to do no good.
Sorry you're not having a good experience, I don't know what to suggest other than if you're going to turn up to a vaccination centre maybe La Rural on Plaza Italia is close enough. It's one of the main vaccination and testing centres, so maybe more action and fewer questions. If you're in a taxi, get off at the roundabout exit onto Santa Fe and walk a few metres further along Santa Fe to the vaccination centre (the entrance directly on the roundabout is for testing).

....Update: It is now six days since I re-registered over the phone and 18 days since I first registered (on the day my age group opened)....
The following notification appeared on the CABA Covid vaccination website on May 28, 2021.
We are vaccinating in more than 344 sites: Health personnel, people over 50 years old, people with risk conditions over 18 years old, teaching and non-teaching staff, Security Staff and the Ministry of Human Development and Habitat.

Learn about the vaccines that we are applying in the City, received by the National Government, they are:
Sputnik-V....Origin: Russian.
Vaccination modality: 2 Components.
Applied to health personnel (stage 1) and adults over 80 (stage 2).

Covishield....Origin: Indian-Oxford/AstraZeneca collaboration.
Vaccination method: 2 Doses.
Applied to adults over 80 (stage 2).

Sinopharm ....Origin: China.
Vaccination method: 2 Doses.
Applied to health personnel (stage 1) and teaching and non-teaching staff (stage 4) under 60 years of age.

Alby, since May 28 the information listed above has not been updated on the CABA vaccination website.
Did you fall into any of the categories listed above when you first registered 18 days ago?

Sorry you're not having a good experience, I don't know what to suggest other than if you're going to turn up to a vaccination centre maybe La Rural on Plaza Italia is close enough. It's one of the main vaccination and testing centres, so maybe more action and fewer questions. If you're in a taxi, get off at the roundabout exit onto Santa Fe and walk a few metres further along Santa Fe to the vaccination centre (the entrance directly on the roundabout is for testing).
Thanks. I will try it tomorrow.

Just back from the vacuntario at Hospital de Clinicas. There were only three people in line. All of them half my age. But they wouldn't vaccinate me without a turno. I explained the whole story. To no avail. I can only conclude that other criteria are at work in who they allocate turns to.

Last edited:
Alby, since May 28 the information listed above has not been updated on the CABA vaccination website.
Did you fall into any of the categories listed above when you first registered 18 days ago?
No, but it was subsequent to the 28th of May (around 2 or 3 June that the news came through that anyone aged 55-59 could enroll (on the news websites posted I think on this thread). And shortly thereafter, anyone from 50-54. And so I enrolled the date it opened (4 June) to anyone aged 55-59. And now I know of three "anyones" (i.e., people not from the groups mentioned), one from 55-59 and two from 50-54 group who were vaccinated days ago.

No, but it was subsequent to the 28th of May (around 2 or 3 June that the news came through that anyone aged 55-59 could enroll (on the news websites posted I think on this thread). And shortly thereafter, anyone from 50-54. And so I enrolled the date it opened (4 June) to anyone aged 55-59. And now I know of three "anyones" (i.e., people not from the groups mentioned), one from 55-59 and two from 50-54 group who were vaccinated days ago.
Alby..."I can only conclude that other criteria are at work in who they allocate turns to". You may well be correct.
I just spoke to an operator at #147.
"As soon CABA receives their allocated % of the latest batch of vaccines: Astra/Zeneca (total 1,134,000), which arrived yesterday and the Sinopharm (total approx 2M) which is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Thursday, they will send notifications to the next eligible category who originally registered via #147, Whatsapp or email. People do not need to keep re-registering".
The next stages of vaccination are:
• Health personnel.
• Adults over 70 years of age and people who live in nursing homes.
Adults over 60 years of age.
• Strategic staff.
• People between 18 and 59 years old with risk factors.
• Other strategic groups.

Since you "enrolled the date it opened (4 June) to anyone aged 55-59" one can assume you will probably not fall in the "next stage of vaccination". But most likely you will be in the following one.

Last edited:

Hi Alby. From personal experience, the system works seamlessly if you have a DNI.

It is pretty unusual you have not received a turno if you belong to a higher age group, but of course, they are still working through everyone who is eligible.

Not sure if any other posters here in CABA without a DNI have received a turno yet? If so, knowing that may help narrow down your options or identify the root cause.

If all else fails you can try the following:

- If you have a foreign passport you must select "documento extranjero" and NOT "pasaporte" or otherwise it will try and match you against an Argentine database and will probably short circuit when it can't find you. There is also an option for "residencia precaria" if that is you. Be sure to use the correct category regardless as there is probably a degree of cross-checking databases or numerical validation involved for most categories.

- Call again and try your luck talking to a different person (hopefully one with more initiative or know-how)
Insist that they uninscribe you and then reinscribe you as well as allocate you a turno, or at least talk internally with someone who can. Surely they must have alternative registration processes for blind/ handicapped and those without internet access. Also, rule out having entered any information into the system incorrectly (eg. a typo or mis-click that could throw off the system as to your eligibility status)

- Talk to a doctor online or via phone. Ask them to "diagnose" you with a risk factor of your choosing and inscribe as a person of risk instead of by age-group. You will probably get a notification of turno within 2-3 days providing it is not a technical issue affecting the DNI-less.

- Borrow a friend's address in Provincia and inscribe there.

- If you go to a vaccine center, from my experience you must pass two check-points to get to an actual vaccine. First is at the gate to show you have a turno - they assign you a number. The second is inside and to register/ confirm your details - here they seem to have access to a computer system with your turno and details you provided online. Try and ask to speak to someone from that desk, not the person at the gate who just has a paper clip-board... maybe they have a supervisor who can come out and talk to you.

-Visit your local comuna office and find help in person there.

It is Argentina afterall... if all else fails the only way around their automated systems (and their operators) who just don't understand why anyone on g-ds great earth would not have a DNI is the "creative" way. Personally, I think in this case the lack of DNI should not be the root issue since it has been anticipated and they understand the need to get "irregulars" vaccinated as much as anyone else in the population.

Last edited:
Alby..."I can only conclude that other criteria are at work in who they allocate turns to". You may well be correct.
I just spoke to an operator at #147.
"As soon CABA receives their allocated % of the latest batch of vaccines: Astra/Zeneca (total 1,134,000), which arrived yesterday and the Sinopharm (total approx 2M) which is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Thursday, they will send notifications to the next eligible category who originally registered via #147, Whatsapp or email. People do not need to keep re-registering".
The next stages of vaccination are:
• Health personnel.
• Adults over 70 years of age and people who live in nursing homes.
Adults over 60 years of age.
• Strategic staff.
• People between 18 and 59 years old with risk factors.
• Other strategic groups.

Since you "enrolled the date it opened (4 June) to anyone aged 55-59" one can assume you will probably not fall in the "next stage of vaccination". But most likely you will be in the following one.
Thanks so much for making that phone call.

I would be quite prepared to believe that it's not yet my turn, were it not for the fact that Argentines in my group and in the next younger group were vaccinated 10-14 days ago, after registering either at the same I did, and after me. And they are the one's amazed that I am yet to be contacted.

We will sort this out. The main point of my posting this mini-drama is to reveal the pitfalls there seem to be for people registering in CABA without a DNI. There may be others in younger age groups who will be in that position shortly.

- If you have a foreign passport you must select "documento extranjero" and NOT "pasaporte" or otherwise it will try and match you against an Argentine database and will probably short circuit when it can't find you. There is also an option for "residencia precaria" if that is you. Be sure to use the correct category regardless as there is probably a degree of cross-checking databases or numerical validation involved for most categories.

- Call again and try your luck talking to a different person (hopefully one with more initiative or know-how)
Insist that they uninscribe you and then reinscribe you as well as allocate you a turno, or at least talk internally with someone who can. Surely they must have alternative registration processes for blind/ handicapped and those without internet access. Also, rule out having entered any information into the system incorrectly (eg. a typo or mis-click that could throw off the system as to your eligibility status)
This may be the answer. I don't recall seeing the option for documento extranjero, but it did give me the option for passport, which as I reported at the time, seemed very forward-thinking on their part. It may, instead, have been my Achilles heel. I will ring them tomorrow and put this to them: that I made an error in choosing passport instead of (the world's longest unresolved) residencia precia, and could they please enroll me from scratch under that category. Thanks for spotting that possibility.

A friend knows someone in Santilli's office and has offered to try and incede on my behalf. That may or may not pan out.

Back