Covid Vaccination Argentina

MiArgentina demands a DNI to register. It has a field to put either a passport number or a cuil. I can enter a passport number. But the same registration page demands the number on the DNI in order to register.

Update: It is now six days since I re-registered over the phone and 18 days since I first registered (on the day my age group opened). The city has not made contact by phone, email or Whatsapp. I started a conversation by Whatsapp with my good friend Boti, el robot de la Ciudad, this time asking him when my turno is scheduled for. He asked for my passport number instantly. I answered instantly. Then he asked for my sexo. And I answered instantly. But since then he has gone to ground. Not a peep out of him for half an hour. Friends are advising me to simply turn up to a vaccination center. I will put a call through to #147 now, but if nothing further happens today, I will present at my nearest center tomorrow. Does anyone know where the closest center to Callao y Santa Fe is?
You do not need a DNI to register. What I do to by pass these issues is to use my account for my clients who do not have DNI and I choose the option “turno for someone else”. Then the turno is assigned with no issue from a desk apple, impossible from the I Phone.
You have one at Recoleta BA Design.
In my opinion, the problem at CABA is Larreta. His party only recognize you if you have legal status when the NC recognize legality (national rights) and natural rights (a parallel system I use for citizenship with passport only). I do not see that issue at BA Province where, instead of evidencing (legal evidence), you just fill an affidavit.
Some one offered you a VIP vaccination? Interesting.

Last edited:
23 June 2021 at 6:01am
The advance of the pandemic. When it's my turn to get the vaccine: answers to all the doubts to reduce anxiety.
....At the beginning, when the batches arrived in a spaced and in dropper manner, it could happen that, between the registration and the arrival of the "turno", between 30 and 40 days would elapse, especially in the Province of BA, which opened a general registry for different priority groups, and then granted appointments according to the stage stipulated in the national plan. The City of BA opted for another mechanism. When it enabled the registration of older adults, it only allowed those who would be vaccinated to register. Thus, it was first for those over 80 and, once the doses were applied to the majority, the registry was opened to those over 75. And so it went down, every five years, until reaching the current stage: this Tuesday it enabled the registry for those over 40 years old.

"Turnos" in CABA. Those who are 40 years or older, or are part of the group of people with previous illnesses, can register if they have not already done so. They have to enter the official site and complete the form (or call #147)....In the Ministry of Health they explain that "the order of vaccination priorities is preserved." In other words, if a 70-year-old, a 52-year-old and a more than 46-year-old sign up on the same day, the oldest person will first receive a link to choose their appt. This "distribution of turnos" is carried out automatically by the system, which combines these variables. That is, the order of priorities according to the stage of vaccination to which the person who registers belongs and the vaccines available.

This Tuesday, the CABA Minister of Health, Fernán Quirós, said that the City will change the strategy and prioritize completing the second dose among those who have already received the first. These people will receive their turn with the same mechanism and the "turno" can arrive even before the twelve weeks stipulated between the first and second vaccines. In the City, 1,255,288 are already immunized with the first dose, while 335,842 have the complete scheme.

"Turnos" in the Province of BA. Since last weekend, those over 55 years of age can appear at any nearby vaccination center without a previous appointment to receive the first dose, only carrying their DNI. People from 18 to 59 years old, on the other hand, must express their intention to be vaccinated by leaving their information on the website vaccinatepba.gba.gob.ar or in the VacunatePBA application and wait to be contacted. Unlike what happens in CABA, all residents of legal age can sign up, whether or not they have previous illnesses. But the appts are also granted as doses arrive in the country, and prioritizing the most vulnerable groups. How should the "turno" come? When vaccines are available for their group, the registered person receives a notification by email, via the app or by phone. "They are all getting vaccinated. If they have not been called yet, they will be called", is the response from the Province because of the delay in the granting of some "turnos". In addition, by entering the "Mis datos" section of the app, or in the "Portal de Ciudadania" section of the vaccinatepba.gba.gob.ar website, registrants can check if there are no errors in their personal data. They can also modify them there. Finally, if the data is correct, a query can be made about the case by calling the toll-free #148, which is open 24 hours a day. Or by email to [email protected].

The assignment of "turnos" also respects the priority of risk groups. With more than 9 million people registered, progress also depends on the municipalities. For example, it may happen that a district is vaccinated faster than in another with a higher population density. In the Province, after having almost completed the vaccination of health personnel and the elderly, they advanced with people between 18 and 59 years of age with risk factors, security and education personnel. The next stage will include those under 60 years of age without comorbidities that are already registered.

Those waiting for the second dose will also receive the notification. Or they can check both in the app and on the website if their "turno" came. In the Province, 5,472,135 people received the first dose by Monday's report. While 1,259,720 have already completed the scheme. As of this week more than 4 million doses have and/or will arrive in the country (between confirmed batches of AstraZeneca and Sinopharm), and it is also expected that a supply of Sputnik V will be confirmed. Once the jurisdictions are certain of the available doses they will begin to send the "turnos".

As for the Russian vaccine, both the City and Province await the entry of the second component, since in both jurisdictions there are thousands of people who are reaching the stipulated period of twelve weeks between the first application and the second.

23 June 2021 at 3:45am. Analysis by Joaquín Morales Solá
Why there are no second doses of vaccines.
The crazed compass of Argentine foreign relations compromises the country and the Fernández government itself; such volatility is also an obstacle to obtaining vaccines, which do not arrive or are insufficient....

23 June 2021 by The New York Times

23 June 2021 at 6:00am by Sui-Lee Wee, The New York Times.
Chinese vaccines and now there are strong outbreaks of the pandemic.
The example of some countries suggests that they may not be as effective in preventing the transmission of the virus, especially of the newer variants....

This may be the answer. I don't recall seeing the option for documento extranjero, but it did give me the option for passport, which as I reported at the time, seemed very forward-thinking on their part. It may, instead, have been my Achilles heel. I will ring them tomorrow and put this to them: that I made an error in choosing passport instead of (the world's longest unresolved) residencia precia, and could they please enroll me from scratch under that category. Thanks for spotting that possibility.

A friend knows someone in Santilli's office and has offered to try and incede on my behalf. That may or may not pan out.
Just in case - you need to scroll down on this drop down menu.
EB185648-E14F-42EF-B595-9E57D790228D.png

If you compare it with Provincia where the ONLY option to register online is with a DNI.

AFDED867-8066-43F4-8B54-A9E3E10BBC0B.png

On Jun 16, 2021, ventanilla posted....

I wonder which could be the reason for the Prov of BA to again require a DNI to register as they did at the start of the vaccination campaign?

On Jun 16, 2021, ventanilla posted....

I wonder which could be the reason for the Prov of BA to again require a DNI as they did at the start of the vaccination campaign?
I understand vaccines are available to those without DNI, just like in CABA, but unlike CABA you cannot register online via the normal form (you need to “get help” on the screen before you get to the registration form and send documents to verify your identification etc - a manual process)

Just in case - you need to scroll down on this drop down menu.
View attachment 7778

If you compare it with Provincia where the ONLY option to register online is with a DNI.

View attachment 7779
Exactly. I was just so amazed and overwhelmed to discover at last a state entity had thought to include a field for foreigners or non-DNI holders that I just grabbed the "passport" option as soon as I saw it. I think I would have fallen off my chair if I'd kept going and discovered that they know what a precaria is and had even included a field for it.

Tragic really. They set things up right, but because you are so used to them setting things up wrong, you end up making a mistake and the process ends up working worse than if they had set it up wrong like usual.

Last edited:
You do not need a DNI to register. What I do to by pass these issues is to use my account for my clients who do not have DNI and I choose the option “turno for someone else”. Then the turno is assigned with no issue from a desk apple, impossible from the I Phone.
You have one at Recoleta BA Design.
In my opinion, the problem at CABA is Larreta. His party only recognize you if you have legal status when the NC recognize legality (national rights) and natural rights (a parallel system I use for citizenship with passport only). I do not see that issue at BA Province where, instead of evidencing (legal evidence), you just fill an affidavit.
Some one offered you a VIP vaccination? Interesting.
Nobody offered me a VIP vaccination. It's the opposite. If your view is correct (the problem is not the functioning of the electronic registration system but instead a discriminatory policy by the city administration against foreigners--and you may well be right) I have been unjustly put to the back of the line and am defending myself with whatever resources I can find to destrabar the case.

Last edited:
23 June 2021
Sputnik V: the Putin government's response to the lack of second doses in Argentina. The Kremlin affirmed that there will be no shortages, but that its "absolute priority" is to satisfy its internal demand; "It is not possible to satisfy absolutely all the demand abroad immediately," said the presidential spokesman....

Back