Covid Vaccination Argentina

Ok so you used a thread about COVID vaccination in Argentina to make a point about the co-participation payments to the various provinces in Argentina, and only woke up to the confusion 2 days later. Right. Any other multiples of 8 you want to try out? That is pathetic.
This poster is sorry to see you stoop to name-calling. But then, it seems to be a habit of yours - my post is "pathetic", and Dr. Quiros is "weasely". I gave you credit for more brains than that.

Last edited:
It is certainly true that the noun "whinger", the verb "to whinge" and the adjective "whingeing" are staples of Australian English. Sadly, I think they are rapidly becoming archaic. I reckon there is an entire generation of people now, in the major cities at least, who would not know what these words mean.
So, what does "Whingeing" mean? I'd really like to know.

Gracielle, I don't wish to be rude, but without a vertical scale (y-axis), this graph:

View attachment 7785
is basically meaningless. The vertical axis has to show something, whether it's efficacy, infections per 100k, or whatever. Also, what's being shown there is certainly not linear: while I expect Sputnik V is an excellent vaccine and quite probably better than others, a 2nd injection is not going to double the efficacy as one could mis-interpret from the scale above. I would just disregard the graphic, and the whole presentation as well, if there was no explanation of what the vertical axis means.
The reason I posted the graph was to inform which are the vaccines mentioned in the 2nd and 3rd curves and the source of that info.
I leave the analysis of the data to the qualified experts in the pertinent field(s). When I impart an opinion I begin the sentence with "in my opinion".

Gracielle, I don't wish to be rude, but without a vertical scale (y-axis), this graph:

View attachment 7785
is basically meaningless. The vertical axis has to show something, whether it's efficacy, infections per 100k, or whatever. Also, what's being shown there is certainly not linear: while I expect Sputnik V is an excellent vaccine and quite probably better than others, a 2nd injection is not going to double the efficacy as one could mis-interpret from the scale above. I would just disregard the graphic, and the whole presentation as well, if there was no explanation of what the vertical axis means.

So, you don't know what the vertical axis shows, but you are sure it is not linear? :)

It is not practically possible to measure the efficacy of the vaccine at one-week intervals. Most likely this is the level of antibodies and the scale is linear.

Congrats on that, you can share your side effects later (mine, from the A-Z vaccine were more than expected).
Update: 12 hours after the injection the AstraZeneca hangover hit me like a brick, in a matter of minutes. To use another classic (probably archaic) Australianism "I can't scratch myself". Exhaustion. But I'm sure it will pass soon.

Had no reaction to Sputnik. Wonder whether I got the vaccine or just some saline fluid.
Anecdotally, people I know here and abroad vaccinated with Sputnik or Pfizer reported no side effects on the first but strong side effects similar to those of AZ including fever and headache on the second.
Some with Sputnik here have done antibody tests for curiosity sake after the first and reported very high levels after the first - so wouldn’t link a lack of side effects to it working or not.

Many people I know here have reported AZ side effects after the first. So far have not heard of them happening on the second.
Strangely no one I know in Australia vaccinated with AZ reported any side effects at all - maybe just luck of the barrel.

Regardless I would take 24 hours feeling like crap versus a week or two feeling like that or worse any day. If you are one of the lucky ones with no side effects at all, count yourself lucky!! (They are hardly “pleasant”!)

Back