Covid Vaccination Argentina

Got as far as "Ideal para leer con un trago de vodka y kazachok, bajito, de fondo", I suspect the, ahem, "reporter" had more than a few traguitos while writing that God-awful gossip article. La Chusma Nación surpassed itself once more.
Here's a non-yellow-press version of events: https://batimes.com.ar/news/argenti...ia-over-sputnik-vaccine-delivery-delays.phtml
Thank you for posting the BA Times article in English.

Categorizing LA NACION as "La Chusma" is akin to calling it yellow press. That is a conclusion thought out yet open to dispute.

I would not classify Carlos Pagni as merely a "reporter". His professional background:
-Political journalist and newspaper columnist.
-Professor of History at the National University of Mar del Plata.
-Researcher at the Emilio Ravignani Institute of the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters at UBA.
-Previously, Professor of the Chair of History of Political Ideas at the Faculty of Law of the National University of Mar del Plata.
-Provides political consulting services for institutions and companies in the country and abroad.
-In 2002 he was decorated by the Government of the Republic of Brazil with the Order of Rio Branco.

"At this point the entire contract is at risk to be publicly cancelled."
Translated article

The presidential adviser (Niccolini) urged not to attach undue importance to the letter that was published earlier in the newspaper La Nación . "This [letter] is not a threat," she said, adding that they "are in constant, almost daily contact" with the Russian side. "I want to emphasize that relations and cooperation between the two countries are now at a very good level, despite the difficulties that they [Russia] are facing now [in supplying matters] not only to us," Niccolini also said.

Putin's Press Secretary said that vaccination of Russian people is the main priority now and the fulfillment of international contracts is being delayed. The majority of new cases in Russia are caused by the Delta strain. There is a major outbreak in Russia and Argentina has plenty of alternative vaccine sources now. Pfizer is a vastly superior vaccine anyway, right?

Last edited:
Translated article

Putin's Press Secretary said that vaccination of Russian people is the main priority now and the fulfillment of international contracts is being delayed. The majority of new cases in Russia are caused by the Delta strain. There is a major outbreak in Russia and Argentina has many alternative vaccine sources now. Pfizer is a vastly superior vaccine anyway, right?

My understanding is that Pfizer is considered the most effective.

This is a direct copy and paste from the email, which was written in English and available for everyone to see in full.

If it was a “threat” or not is irrelevant, we can all read and understand what it says without commentary “about” what she said from a Russian State owned and controlled news agency like Tass, or any other for that matter :)

Btw Nicolini went on to say that the contents of the email were all “true” and that they continue to complain to Russia. Like any current event or issue, let’s not try and sweep it under the carpet or sugar coat it until the matter has been fully resolved.

My understanding is that Pfizer is considered the most effective.

Yes, but it is like 95% efficacy vs 91% efficacy. I think that the difference is within the margin of error of these studies.

Last edited:
... what she said from a Russian State owned and controlled news agency like Tass, or any other for that matter :)
If you want to talk about contracts with Russia as a state, the state news agency seems to be a reasonable news source. You can try to find Niccolini's interview with the "Radio con Vos", I believe batimes article quotes it as well. Or there is always "timesnownews", the only online newspaper that can not be questioned.

Last edited:
Categorizing LA NACION as "La Chusma" is akin to calling it yellow press. That is a conclusion thought out yet open to dispute.

I would not classify Carlos Pagni as merely a "reporter". His professional background:
-Political journalist and newspaper columnist.
-Professor of History at the National University of Mar del Plata.
-Researcher at the Emilio Ravignani Institute of the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters at UBA.
-Previously, Professor of the Chair of History of Political Ideas at the Faculty of Law of the National University of Mar del Plata.
-Provides political consulting services for institutions and companies in the country and abroad.
-In 2002 he was decorated by the Government of the Republic of Brazil with the Order of Rio Branco.
Calling out La Nación as yellow press is entirely my opinion and I’ll stand behind it, the article is pretty disgraceful, taking the text of the letter sent by Argentina and interpolating it with speculation, imagination, and associating figures not even tangentially mentioned in the original letter to Russia. One can “read between the lines” of almost anything, but this was ridiculous. It’s telling that BATiimes did its own interpretation of the original letter. Someone mentioned that the article was “opinion”, as if that might be an excuse for this tripe, but I have to say, opinion is more often well thought out, and the author has time to review what he’s written, given that there’s less urgency in publishing it. I do not think that this article as written would be published in any serious European newspaper.

And this posting of someone’s CV means nothing to me, it’s comes across as a bit passive aggressive: in my field you’re as good as your last contract, it’s clear to me that this guy hasn’t done any good work for quite some time. За здоровье!

Last edited:
If you want to talk about contracts with Russia as a state, the state news agency seems to be a reasonable news source. You can try to find Niccolini's interview with the "Radio con Vos", I believe batimes article quotes it as well. Or there is always "timesnownews", the only online newspaper that can not be questioned.
Yes, you can listen to her interview. The audio is actually available on Clarin. You can also read her email word for word (attached, por las dudas) No media commentary whatsoever is necessary to understand either.

I am puzzled however as to why you would direct a comment at me about timesnownews? I don't believe I have ever reffered to that as a source nor have I seen anything about it related to this discussion. :)

Attachments

• 35560.pdf
    168.5 KB · Views: 3
Much like what I can make out from the good old US of A.
There is no news in Argentina only polemic from one side or another.

Last edited:
Back