Covid Vaccination Argentina

Between today and tomorrow those living in CABA who received the first dose of Sputnik and have been left waiting will begin to receive turnos to receive Moderna as their second dose.

This follows the announcement of the national government that Sputnik will be combined with AZ or Moderna due to the shortages of Sputnik.
I got an email today for a second jab of something other than Sputnik. I signed up immediately.

Written by Yasemin Nicola Sakay on August 2, 2021 — Fact checked by Dana K. Cassell
Written by Gillian Mohney and George Citroner on August 5, 2021 — Fact checked by Dana K. Cassell

Last edited:
6 August 2021 at 9:07am
The first doses of the Chinese Cansino vaccine arrived in the country on a flight from Qatar....is the first single-application drug to be distributed in Argentina....200 thousand doses of the Convidecia vaccine against Covid-19, developed by the Chinese laboratory Cansino Biologics INC.
....The shipment is the first of a contract that contemplates the shipment of 5.4 million doses in 2021, as anticipated a few days ago in a press conference by the Minister of Health of the Nation, Carla Vizzotti. The Cansino vaccine, which was approved by ANMAT for emergency use in June, uses as a vector a modified form of adenovirus type 5, better known as Ad5, which is also used in the second component of Sputnik V....

6 August 2021 at 11:19am
All the answers you need to know about combining vaccines. The combination of Sputnik-V with AstraZeneca or Moderna proved to be safe and, since yesterday, the health authorities are already sending "turnos"....
....Is there any difference between the City of BA and the Province of BA in this new stage in the Vaccination Plan?
Both districts will have the same dynamics. That is, one can choose whether or not to combine the vaccines. In the event that it is other than the Sputnik-V, they will not be able to choose the brand. The only difference, which is due to a stock issue, is that the City will start vaccinating with Moderna and the Province with AstraZeneca.

I was vaccinated with the J&J in the US in May. does anyone think the new policy will allow me to get a booster shot of Moderna? or is that too optimistic

I was vaccinated with the J&J in the US in May. does anyone think the new policy will allow me to get a booster shot of Moderna? or is that too optimistic
Only if you neglect to mention about being previously inoculated in the US with J&J/Janssen. That is one of the questions asked when you check-in on your appt date at any of the CABA vaccination centers.

9 August 2021
Today a flight will arrive from Moscow....As scheduled, the flight is scheduled to arrive this Monday in Buenos Aires around 5:00 p.m. with a sufficient quantity of component two of Sputnik V to apply 400 thousand doses, official sources confirmed to Infobae....

What is the latest update on who will be eligible for Pfizer etc?
Carla Vizzoti, Minister of Health, announced on July 27 that a contract was signed with Pfizer to acquire 20 million doses of its vaccine against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus and specified that the first doses will begin to arrive in the country in December.

Back