Covid Vaccination Argentina

27 Dec 2021
....Reacting to the latest data, the Health Ministry announced Monday that the application of booster jabs for health personnel and those aged over 60 would be trimmed, with the third shot now coming four months after the second dose...

Just a data point, but I was able to receive a Pfizer booster in Zona Norte without previous vaccination in Argentina. If you received the J&J vaccine outside of Argentina, I was told at the vaccination center that Pfizer is the only vaccine Argentina has authorized as a booster for J&J. Vaccination centers in provincia simply need to request a booster based on your foreign vaccine card. The process was pretty quick. FYI.
hello, greetings, may I ask where you received the pfizer booster? I am in Olivos, please let me know

Hello there! Can you be more specific about exactly where in Zona Norte? Send me a private message if you like. Your info is perfect for my situation. Much thanks.
hi there, did you receive a booster from pfizer? I am in zona norte as well, I have a got a foreign vaccination card

Hello, thank you for the tip. yes, I can confirm, I got a Pfizer booster at the Hipodromo San Isidro, long line in from of me after 2 hours of waiting

21 Jan 2022
....Speaking at a press conference, Vizzotti also confirmed that Argentina has signed a new contract with US laboratory Pfizer allowing for the purchase of 18.5 million doses against Covid-19. The news was announced just two days after Foreign Minister Santiago Cafiero with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken in Washington DC and almost immediately after ANMAT, Argentina’s drug regulator, authorized the use of the Pfizer shot for children aged between 5 and 11 years of age...."During 2022, our country will receive a total of 24.9 million doses from Pfizer to advance the Strategic Vaccination Plan," the Health Ministry later confirmed in a statement....

21 Jan 2022 by Jose Maria Acosta
One by one: new criteria for defining a Covid-19 positive case without testing. The strategy of focusing swabs on those over 60 years of age, pregnant women, healthcare workers and those under 60 years of age with comorbidities was reiterated.

....if a person was in contact with a positive case in the last 10 days and then has fever and cough, or loses taste/smell, he/she is considered a positive case without the need to be tested and should report the situation to the local health system or through the APP Cuidar. The same would happen in the case that a person has participated in a social event where there was an outbreak of cases and then has a sore throat and muscle pain. In that case, swabbing would not be necessary, as it is considered a positive case....

22 Jan 2022 by Eduardo Menegazzi
Argentina maintains a trust fund with Cuba to purchase its COVID-19 vaccines....which establishes the possibility of purchasing the Soberana 01, Soberana 02 and Abdala vaccines from BioCubaFarma, although they have not yet been approved by the WHO for their emergency use and the ANMAT....Cafiero maintained the validity of the agreement although they have not yet been scientifically endorsed and that for the time being are not accepted to enter the United States and Europe....Only a handful of countries that agree with the communist government have consented to their emergency use: Nicaragua, Iran, Vietnam and Venezuela.

....A few days before the end of 2021, the Abdala vaccine also obtained authorization from Mexico, through the Cofrepis (Federal Commission for Protection against Health Risks). St. Vincent and the Grenadines also joined the decision....Last December 23rd, WHO stated that it is "awaiting information on the strategy and the schedule for sending" documentation from Cuba to start the authorization process....

If Argentina finally buys the vaccines from Cuba, it will not be able to authorize them either because their technical composition has not yet been endorsed by ANMAT....Article 6 of the Argentine-Cuban agreement establishes the execution of an addendum (an addition) "to the Orderly Text of the Commercial Exchange Trust Contract of February 14, 2013″. This trust will be organized by the Banco de Inversión y Comercio Exterior (BICE), and "administered by the Banco de la Nación Argentina in its capacity as trustee"....Vizzotti explained that our country "is working hard to strengthen ties, access to the vaccine, but above all to collaborate in everything it can, both from the provision of components, the possibility of purchase and support to scale up production and move forward with our regulatory body and that of Cuba to study the interim Phase 3 analysis....

Approximately how long after registering a vaccine applied in a foreign country do you get an answer?

Back