Covid Vaccination Argentina

Hello there! Can you be more specific about exactly where in Zona Norte? Send me a private message if you like. Your info is perfect for my situation. Much thanks.
Glad I can help...

I went to the PAMI vaccination center on Avenida Maipu in Olivos. Bring your J&J vaccine card and explain that you need a booster. They will ask you to upload your foreign vaccine card to the MiArgentina app and then take your contact info. They called me the next day to come by for the booster. I am aware of several other folks who have received their booster in this same way. My understanding from the clinic was that each day they usually have leftover doses of the second Pfizer shot that they allocate for J&J boosters. This won’t work if you received a vaccine other than J&J abroad.

Glad I can help...

I went to the PAMI vaccination center on Avenida Maipu in Olivos. Bring your J&J vaccine card and explain that you need a booster. They will ask you to upload your foreign vaccine card to the MiArgentina app and then take your contact info. They called me the next day to come by for the booster. I am aware of several other folks who have received their booster in this same way. My understanding from the clinic was that each day they usually have leftover doses of the second Pfizer shot that they allocate for J&J boosters. This won’t work if you received a vaccine other than J&J abroad.
Thanks for that! Well, I may be out of luck as I received two doses of Pfizer in the states. I had heard that if you were double vaxxed with Pfizer you would be eligible for an AZ booster here. I'm not sure if this is the case. At any rate thanks for the response!

14 Dec 2021....at 5:58pm with information from the Télam Agency.
One by one: which vaccines will be applied in 2022, according to official estimates. Before the Budget and Finance Committee of the Chamber of Deputies, officials from the Ministry of Health detailed the purchase and delivery plan, which includes doses postponed to 2021....
...."there is a balance of deliveries of the Pfizer vaccine, corresponding to 2021 and we are working on an amendment with this laboratory" and said that the tentative delivery of Moderna doses is planned from February to November 2022, of 2 million per month, making a total of 20 million....a remaining balance of AstraZeneca vaccines to be completed before the end of the year, with delivery scheduled for December 19, and another under the Covax system, of between 4.6 million and 5.4 million, to be delivered in 2022 "in case we have additional need for contracted vaccines." The official pointed out that there is also a balance of 12 million vaccines from the Sputnik contract, which the portfolio has asked to be extended to 2022. When asked, Tarragona said that Health was able to "buy much cheaper than in other years" and pointed out that the Ministry "does not finance laboratories in terms of production" but that these funds are provided by the Ministry of Science and Technology.

15 Dec 2021 at 1:00pm
Two possible cases of the Omicron variant are being studied in the City of BA....The samples were sent to the Instituto Malbrán for genomic sequencing of the virus, which is the only way to identify the lineage of each variant. Both individuals have a history of travel to the United States during late November and early December. In both cases they were fully vaccinated and the symptoms presented are mild. In addition, "the corresponding follow-up of close contacts is being carried out", indicated sources at the Ministry of Health directed by Fernán Quirós to LA NACION....

URL unfurl="true"]https://www.lanacion.com.ar/sociedad/estudian-dos-posibles-casos-de-la-variante-omicron-en-la-ciudad-de-buenos-aires-nid15122021/[/URL]
Two possible cases of the Omicron variant are being studied in the City of BA....The samples were sent to the Instituto Malbrán for genomic sequencing of the virus, which is the only way to identify the lineage of each variant. Both individuals have a history of travel to the United States during late November and early December. In both cases they were fully vaccinated and the symptoms presented are mild. In addition, "the corresponding follow-up of close contacts is being carried out", indicated sources at the Ministry of Health directed by Fernán Quirós to LA NACION....

And 110 in Cordoba and a confirmed case in Santa Fe.

Given that:
  • General COVID case numbers and positivity rates have shot up in the past 7 days
  • There have been many major public events recently and the season for end of year social gatherings has started
  • Travellers have been coming in from all parts of the world and doing the rounds about town
  • Omicron cases appear to be mostly mild to asymptomatic and thus less likely to be detected rapidly in the first place
  • Genetic sequencing here is only performed on a tiny portion of positive test results
I think it safe to assume it is already circulating in our community and is only going to accelerate as we are seeing elsewhere.

In the meantime it is up to everyone to make their own individual risk assessment as to what behavioural changes or precautions they adopt. Personally given my own circumstances and what we know so far from abroad, short of locking myself inside all summer, I feel Omicron is more likely to reach me before a third dose does, yet I am still more worried about having such a mild infection that it only gets detected "by surprise" when doing a PCR before travel causing little more than a logistical headache for the summer vacations and/ or getting a nasty influenza in Brazil given the current epidemic of that..

Glad I can help...

Any idea what is the situation in CABA for those with J&J from the US? I was told that I am eligible for a booster as it's been more than 6 months but they didn't tell me if I would get Pfizer to Astrazenica. I would prefer Pfizer:)

J&J is eligible after 2 months in the USA per CDC.

I was just in USA and got a J&J Booster to go with my Sputnik x2. J&J because that's just what I was able to get into my arm ASAP.

Some laughed at me when I said i was gonna collect em all. Who is laughing now!

Also, anyone recommend uploading my US vaccine record to argentina? I have sputnik x2 already and if i get called for a third (well fifth) dose (of whatever) that might be useful. whenever my third (or fifth) dose turn is called in 3+ months or so.

i registered my two pfizer doses back in October, but they don't show up in MiArgentina. i have the email record of it at least

It's not looking too good here right now:https://batimes.com.ar/news/argenti...f-daily-covid-infections-in-four-months.phtml Highlights from this and from https://www.lanacion.com.ar/socieda...allecidos-coronavirus-argentina-nid2350330/#/:
  • The number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Argentina has risen by a factor of 10 in just a month, reaching 9336 on Tuesday
  • The number of Covid tests also increased 47 percent to 46,832 tests per day
  • 31.8 million (70% of the population) with 2 doses, 2 million with a booster dose
Test positivity is now 13%, a big increase from a month ago, despite the increase in tests being done. I saw long queues for testing at both La Rural and the CEMIC clinic, so worse is to come I think.

The increases in cases in CABA really looks like the exponential growth described here: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/12/covid-cases-omicron-highly-contagious/621038/

Last edited:
Back