Covid Vaccination Argentina

I had zero side effects from the first Pfizer jab, and felt crappy all day with a mild fever after the second.

26 June 2021
Coronavirus: the Government extended the DNU for 15 days and announced the purchase of 24 million doses of Sinopharm.
She said this at a press conference at the Logistics Center of the PBA town of Benavídez, where she witnessed the reception of 1,181,500 AstraZeneca vaccines, which arrived this afternoon from the US....
26 June 2021 by Pablo Sigal

Why Argentina bought 24 million doses of Sinopharm: a vaccine approved for children.
The announcement was made by Minister Vizzotti on Friday. She said they will arrive beginning July in three batches of 8 million doses each. 15 days ago this vaccine was approved in China for children from 3 to 17 years old....

Due to the increasing concern about the Delta variant hitting Argentina:
  • the national government are now reported to be considering to focus on changing their strategy to prioritize second doses for over 60 year olds, nationwide
  • this follows the decision by some local governments to already focus on second doses for all who have already received the first
  • this follows concerns in the medical community that having only one dose is ineffective against this strain combined with the strain being far more transmissible
  • this follows the recent stricter border restrictions and a few detected cases amongst recently returned travelers in argentina.

Last edited:
28 June 2021 at 8:52am
Vaccines: what will happen to Argentines waiting for their second dose.
During the first days of July, more than a million Argentines will have completed the initial 90-day period that the Government had stipulated and will have to receive their second dose of Sputnik V, a component that takes longer to produce and the one that was missing. Although the option of combining vaccines has already been raised, no firm trials are known to support it. Fabiola Czubaj, from LA NACION, tells us about the survey made by LN Data on the status of vaccination, new local production and negotiations for new brands....

25 June 2021

Vaccines: a dose of Sputnik V or AstraZeneca reduces mortality from Covid-19 by up to 80%. The preliminary study analyzed the effectiveness of the different vaccines applied in Argentina in people over 60 years of age....

Last edited:
Just wanted to report on my successful vaccine sign up. I have no DNI so entered my passport number, I received confirmation by email straight after, then another a few hours later on Sunday night asking me to book the appointment and that it was open for 48hrs. I could only choose Tuesday 29th (2 days later) and some places weren't available. I had email confirmation of my appointment straight after. Also, as I'm here on an expired visa from a couple of years ago, I checked with a friend who is a hospital Dr to see if I was eligible without a DNI as I had assumed I wouldn't be or at least a low priority. He said you just need a 'service agreement/bill' of some sort to show you live here and are not a visiting tourist. I'm going to take my apartment contract. It does say as much on the signup website as well - DNI or service agreement showing name. My experience so far has been excellent, all done within minutes. I'll post an update how it goes as still a little nervous as I may be met by someone at the entrance who misunderstands the technicalities and insists on a DNI. Fingers crossed.

ps. Forgot to say website said it is open to over 40 year olds.

Last edited:
Just wanted to report on my successful vaccine sign up. I have no DNI so entered my passport number, I received confirmation by email straight after, then another a few hours later on Sunday night asking me to book the appointment and that it was open for 48hrs. I could only choose Tuesday 29th (2 days later) and some places weren't available. I had email confirmation of my appointment straight after. Also, as I'm here on an expired visa from a couple of years ago, I checked with a friend who is a hospital Dr to see if I was eligible without a DNI as I had assumed I wouldn't be or at least a low priority. He said you just need a 'service agreement/bill' of some sort to show you live here and are not a visiting tourist. I'm going to take my apartment contract. It does say as much on the signup website as well - DNI or service agreement showing name. My experience so far has been excellent, all done within minutes. I'll post an update how it goes as still a little nervous as I may be met by someone at the entrance who misunderstands the technicalities and insists on a DNI. Fingers crossed.

ps. Forgot to say website said it is open to over 40 year olds.

If you don't mind me asking is your apartment contract with a rental agency or direct with the landlord? I might go the same route when it opens for people above 30.

If you don't mind me asking is your apartment contract with a rental agency or direct with the landlord? I might go the same route when it opens for people above 30.
No problem. It's direct with the owner, fingers crossed it's sufficient.

Hi, Does someone here know when (more or less) people under 35 could register to get the vaccine? Thanks!

You might get lucky in July, from what I read 14 million doses, mostly Sinopharm are due to arrive. Unless they get diverted as has happened in the past, I believe those doses are intended specifically for younger people. Waiting isn’t nice, hang in there.

Back