Covid Vaccination Argentina

Thank you Frank! I have two more questions if you guys don't mind,
From the three available vaccines for Covid 19 in Argentina (Sputnik v, AZ, Sinopharm), which one is the safest and most efficient? And if one plans to travel internationally and has a transit in Europe, are all the vaccines accepted or not? Thank you widely!

Last edited:
From the three available vaccines for Covid 19 in Argentina (Sputnik v, AZ, Sinopharm), which one is the safest and most efficient? And if one plans to travel internationally and has a transit in Europe, are all the vaccines accepted or not? Thank you widely!

No, not all the vaccines are accepted in Europe or the EU. Each country has different rules, though. For the EU the safest bet is probably AstraZeneca because it is approved by the European Medicines Agency. Some EU countries also accept vaccines approved by the WHO (e.g. Sinopharm). Sputnik is in use only in a couple of EU countries (I believe in Hungary and Slovakia).

When you say "transit" do you mean just a flight connection without leaving the international area of the airport? In that case there may be no vaccination requirements at all for transit airport. Here is some info on that: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/transiting-european-airports-covid/

29 June 2021
Two doses of Pfizer vaccine produce 2.5 times more antibodies than two doses of AstraZeneca against the Delta variant. It was affirmed by a brand-new study published in the scientific journal The Lancet when analyzing the mean neutralizing antibody titers of both inoculants against the most feared strain of COVID-19....

LONDON, June 28

29 June 2021
Two doses of Pfizer vaccine produce 2.5 times more antibodies than two doses of AstraZeneca against the Delta variant. It was affirmed by a brand-new study published in the scientific journal The Lancet when analyzing the mean neutralizing antibody titers of both inoculants against the most feared strain of COVID-19....

LONDON, June 28

Further to the Reuters article, the BBC expands on this UK study a little more here:

Thank you Frank! I have two more questions if you guys don't mind,
You know you asked a good question when there are no good answers. Regarding vaccine efficacy, the data is changing all the time. Gracielle posted a graphic showing Sputnik to be by far the best performing vaccine (I have a few problems with the graphic, but there seems to be little doubt that Sputnik is very good). On the other hand, AZ seems to give more protection with longer time between 1st and 2nd doses (see here: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n326). I don't know too much about Sinopharm but it seems to be the best of the inactivated virus vaccines. And I believe a 4th vaccine, CanSino, is coming to Argentina. All of them seem to be very good (and safe as well).

About travel, every country makes its own decisions, as this page explains: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work...oes-it-matter-which-vaccine-citizens-received. In practice, it seems EU states follow the WHO approval process, which is ongoing, and can be found here: https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/site...UL-PQ_evaluation_process-16June2021_Final.pdf

So I received the vaccination without any issues at all, I only needed my passport in fact. After I had the shot, I asked a more senior official if any documentation other than a DNI or passport was needed and was told no. Also luckily for me I was given the AstraZenica shot as the Sinopharm/Sputnik are still not recognised by the UK. I was told they gave out Sinopharm yesterday and that it changes daily depending on what they get given so it was possibly pure chance. Excellent service 10/10.

Hi, Does someone here know when (more or less) people under 35 could register to get the vaccine? Thanks!
For those who live in the city and over 35 registrations should open this week.

Under 35s should follow in the coming weeks.

If you are under 35 and have a medical condition that puts you at risk, you can already get a doctors note and get vaccinated now.

LN report 45% of porteños have now received at least one dose and 12% both doses. There are 30.000 porteños in the 40-45 age group still awaiting a vaccine this week. By the end of July all porteños over 60s will be expected to have received their second dose - this is important due to the single doses of all vaccines available here being considered somewhat ineffective against infection (and thus transmission) from the new more contagious strain and also due to manufacturer guidelines around how much time should lapse between doses in general.

I was told they gave out Sinopharm yesterday and that it changes daily depending on what they get given so it was possibly pure chance. Excellent service 10/10.
Well done.
I wonder what will happen in 84 days when those of us getting AZ are due for our next shot. Will we get AZ, or just what they are given on the day... Everything I am reading points to the first dose of AZ only offering 33% effectiveness against the Delta variant, so for the next nearly three months we can't take anything for granted.

29 June 2021 at 12:10pm
Immune response. Is the Covid vaccine working for me? The uncertainty of those who have no reaction after the injection.
The response of the experts....

29 June 2021 at 9:21pm

In the midst of the controversy, 350,000 components 2 of Sputnik V arrived.
Thousands of people have already completed the 90-day deadline since they received the first dose of the vaccine produced by the Gamaleya Institute in Moscow....

Back