Covid Vaccination Argentina

11 October 2021
WHO recommended additional dose of Covid-19 vaccine for immunocompromised individuals. A committee of experts indicated that a third dose should also be administered to people over 60 years of age vaccinated with immunizers from the Chinese companies Sinovac and Sinopharm.

A committee of experts of the WHO recommended on October 11 the application of an additional dose of any of the antiviral vaccines approved by this UN agency to "moderately or severely immunocompromised" persons. The WHO Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) insisted, however, that this is not a general recommendation for a third dose. On the contrary, the agency continues to call for a moratorium until the end of the year for such widespread use, a measure that should allow the immunizer to reach countries where vaccination levels are still low. "The recommendation we are giving now is that people who are immunosuppressed receive an additional dose" to bring their immune response to the level of protection needed to prevent severe forms of the disease or death, explained Dr. Kate O'Brien, director of WHO's Immunization service. This third dose will have to be injected into immunosuppressed people - whose body has a low defense system - "one to three months" after the second dose, explained Dr. O'Brien, quoted by AFP.

Third dose also for those vaccinated with Sinopharm or Sinovac
The same WHO committee also recommended that three doses of the vaccines against the coronavirus from the Chinese laboratories Sinopharm and Sinovac be administered, which could affect the vaccination program of several countries, including Argentina, which used the Sinopharm inoculant in a large part of its population and was about to start using it in children between 3 and 11 years of age. "All the evidence indicates that a third dose of these same vaccines or their counterparts is needed," Mexican expert Alejandro Cravioto, president of SAGE, said at a press conference, referring to the Chinese serums. The expert suggested that the third doses, in the first place, should be administered to people over 60 years of age, an age group that has shown greater problems of response to the coronavirus after vaccination with Sinovac or Sinopharm.
The third dose for those who received Chinese vaccines can be of a different type, the SAGE said, while clarifying that this is not a general recommendation for a third dose, given the existence of countries where vaccination levels are still low. The Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines, approved by WHO, were used in several countries in Latin America, Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe. However, the Chinese vaccines were not approved in most of the old continent, as well as in the United States.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

12 October 2021
Carla Vizzotti: "We are evaluating a booster for all vaccines". The Minister of Health assured that from February onwards, third doses will be applied to the prioritized groups that were vaccinated first.

...."There are people who are going to be one year since the first application soon. And in February they will be 12 months since they completed the scheme. We will surely start with them and will continue staggered as we did during this year", explained the official in a dialogue with journalist María O'Donnell in Urbana Play. The CABA Minister of Health, Fernán Quirós, had already acknowledged last week that within a few months they will begin to apply third doses to health workers and people at risk from the virus. This third application could coincide with the moment when the virus acquires an endemic format, which would allow governments to finish releasing the last restrictions....

....Vizzotti also informed that they are working to get the WHO and the central countries to approve the Sputnik V vaccine and allow people who were immunized with this formula to travel freely around the world, without restrictions. She said that those who need emergency travel to countries that do not allow the entry of people vaccinated with Sputnik can make special arrangements at the corresponding embassies.

13 October 2021
....Yesterday arrived 960,400 AstraZeneca vaccines donated by Spain. This is the third consignment through the COVAX mechanism. A similar delivery by the European nation had been made in August and September....

I've been trying to get appointment for first dose for anything but SPUTNIK (job requires WHO approved) and it's been impossible... Clearly its not that high a priority in their mind. Sinopharm etc they say are reserved for kids lol....

I've been trying to get appointment for first dose for anything but SPUTNIK (job requires WHO approved) and it's been impossible... Clearly its not that high a priority in their mind. Sinopharm etc they say are reserved for kids lol....
Sorry, but I also think that vaccinating kids right now is more important than following your employer's requirements.

I've been trying to get appointment for first dose for anything but SPUTNIK (job requires WHO approved) and it's been impossible...
Assuming you reside in CABA, have you enrolled online or by calling 147 to request a "turno" for your 1st dose? If so, you must wait until you receive an "invitation" via Whatsapp or email. Have you completed this phase?

Sorry, but I also think that vaccinating kids right now is more important than following your employer's requirements.
I know its a hard concept to understand but in every first world country citizens actually have a choice as to which vaccine they stick in their body. Thats because most Governments understand that the most important thing is getting as many people vaccinated as possible. It's not my fault the Government is using a vaccine that is not approved by the WHO or that my employer chooses to respect their authority and knowledge. I am trying to do the right thing but the system is not allowing me to do it - would you prefer I get sputnik and have no job - will you pay my salary? And before you blame my employer it was the Governments who took control of all vaccine distribution and removed the ability of private enterprises to source and administer vaccines to their employees.

Assuming you reside in CABA, have you enrolled online or by calling 147 to request a "turno" for your 1st dose? If so, you must wait until you receive an "invitation" via Whatsapp or email. Have you completed this phase?
Only Sputnik available at the moment.

I know its a hard concept to understand but in every first world country citizens actually have a choice as to which vaccine they stick in their body.
Oh really. Can you get, for example, Astrazeneca in the USA?

Thats because most Governments understand that the most important thing is getting as many people vaccinated as possible.
This Government provides you with an opportunity to get vaccinated, it is just not to your liking.

It's not my fault the Government is using a vaccine that is not approved by the WHO or that my employer chooses to respect their authority and knowledge.
Sputnik is approved in 69 countries out of 195. In my opinion, the fact that WHO has not approved it yet undermines the authority of the WHO and makes to question their position as an independent non-political organization working for people's benefit.

WHO jeopardizes people's health by forcing them to unnecessarily vaccinate second time, or makes them to hang around without being vaccinated, when the vaccine is readily available.

Last edited:
Only Sputnik available at the moment.
It appears the national health ministry may be stockpiling doses of Pfizer, Oxford-Astra/Zeneca and Sinopharm which arrived in Sept thru now and more are forthcoming. In my opinion, to begin inoculations in February with the "third dose". Per yesterday's news...."The CABA Minister of Health, Fernán Quirós, had already acknowledged last week that within a few months they will begin to apply third doses to health workers and people at risk from the virus". In CABA, unvaccinated persons as yourself will probably receive the "invitation" along with that group.

Back