Covid Vaccination Argentina

I got my booster shot a few hours ago. I got the Pfizer Vax.

I got my booster last week, also Pfizer, though I know someone who got Moderna (I would have preferred that one). After I was finished I saw that they were offering Sputnik to new arrivals, which caused some grumbling. No side effects other than a sore arm for 2-3 days, and a slight headache the following day.

My vaccine certificate in Mi Argentina was updated the following day, and I'm applying for a European vaccine pass based on that.

I sent all my vaccine details to boti on the 22nd of January and have no answer yet on updating my vaccine info.
Wonder if calling them will do any good?

11 February 2022
Fernán Quirós: "The Omicron curve is in the process of ending". The Minister of Health of the City of BA pointed out that the number of infections dropped from 15,000 per day in January to 2,000 in the last few days. He assured that "we are in a transition towards smaller waves with less serious and less fatal patients"....However, this downward trend and the entry into a new stage could be modified: "The appearance of a new variant may change this scenario, but on the positive side, the appearance of new vaccines that prevent further contagion will make the return to normality faster....

Any word of NovaVax being available in South America / Argentina?

Any word of NovaVax being available in South America / Argentina?
8 February 2022

To date, the US biotech company that developed the Novavax vaccine has not filed a request for authorization from ANMAT, the regulatory agency in Argentina.

13 February 2022
A new shipment of more than 1.7 million Moderna vaccines arrived in the country.
In the midst of the coronavirus vaccination campaign and in order to complete the two-dose schedule and increase the application of third and booster doses, Argentina changed its strategy in this matter, increasing the purchase of doses from Pfizer and Moderna laboratories. This is largely supported by the successful vaccine combination trials that took place in several countries around the world and in our own in the second half of last year. The new shipment of 1,745,660 vaccines arrived on Friday at Ezeiza on board a LATAM flight. The shipment is added to the 803,790 Pfizer vaccines which arrived on Wednesday, so that the country incorporated 2,549,450 doses this week to continue advancing in the vaccination coverage of all age groups....

12 February 2022 by Emilia Vexler
Fourth dose against Covid: the Gov't has already decided when it will apply it, but not to everyone. The fourth injection is already being applied in several countries of the region, Chile, Brazil and Uruguay. In Argentina it will start next month. What will be the immunization criteria here? A little over 30% of people have just received the third dose. However, as confirmed to Clarín by the National Ministry of Health, the Gov't has already defined that a fourth dose will be given to those who received the third dose more than four months ago as "additional". The specific target group is immunocompromised people over 3 years of age and those over 50 years of age who received the initial Sinopharm scheme. There is no precise date as to when they will start applying the booster, although they say it will be from March onwards. "Because the additional doses began to be applied in November and there is no one who has already completed four months since the third dose." The brand of vaccine to be administered in each case has not been defined and there is no clarification as to what will happen to those who received the third dose as a "booster", which includes health personnel and the general population.

Those whose vaccination certificates show the last injection as "additional" will technically receive the fourth dose as a "booster". It will be up to the jurisdictions to decide whether they will apply them first to the elderly or to immunocompromised patients. They will also decide whether it will be through "turnos" or without having to obtain an appt. "It is not defined if (the rest of the population, those who have the third injection record as a 'booster') will receive a 'second booster', because it depends on the evaluation of the epidemiological situation, on which variant is the predominant one, on a series of factors that are unpredictable in this pandemic context," said the Ministry of Health...."For the rest of the population, the duration of the booster or third dose is still being studied. Protection is considered to have a similar duration to that of the second injection: between 6 and 8 months," states the infectologist and gov't advisor, Eduardo Lopez. He points out, "In our country, those who received three doses of Sinopharm are the most in need. It is the least effective vaccine against Omicron. But, regardless of the vaccine received, it must be remembered that in those over 60 years of age and the immunosuppressed, the response of antibodies or by the vaccine is lower than that of a healthy or younger individual. This is a naturally at-risk group, which requires a fourth dose".

For Jorge Geffner, immunologist at Conicet, Argentina faces a challenge prior to the fourth dose. "Accelerate the third one," he says. But what about the group that will receive the fourth dose in March? He also speaks of a challenge that, for now, is predicted to go slow. "It is an important group of people, because it includes those who are immunosuppressed due to treatments, such as those who have cancer. And people in their 70's should also receive it four months after the third injection. They don't have the same antibodies as a person fully vaccinated at 40," he says. What happens to the rest of the population that received the booster? How long does the booster last? "There are papers from Israel and the US. As far as antibodies are concerned, after four months they begin to drop significantly. But there is the T-lymphocyte response (memory), which lasts longer and is not evaded by Omicron. The main problem is that due to the lack of vaccination in the world, a sixth variant of concern arises. Omicron was the fifth. We need a new vaccine that covers all existing variants and those that may emerge. Because there are sectors of the virus that do not vary and we can assume that they will not continue to vary in those that may arise", states Dr. Geffner in closing....

I got my booster last week, also Pfizer, though I know someone who got Moderna (I would have preferred that one). After I was finished I saw that they were offering Sputnik to new arrivals, which caused some grumbling. No side effects other than a sore arm for 2-3 days, and a slight headache the following day.

My vaccine certificate in Mi Argentina was updated the following day, and I'm applying for a European vaccine pass based on that.
I just got my EU Digital Covid Certificate in my email. I guess the procedure is different in every EU country, I applied for mine on covidcertificateportal.gov.ie, took about 3 working days.

15 February 2022
Covid vaccine: another endorsement of the AstraZeneca - Sputnik Light combination.
The combination of the AstraZeneca and Sputnik Light vaccines against Covid-19 showed "an acceptable safety profile". The diagnosis was published in a study carried out by the laboratories producing these drugs, which assured that the result "could provide safe, effective and long-term protection" against new variants of the virus. The research conducted by the Russian Direct Investment Fund (Rdif), the Gamaleya Center, AstraZeneca and R-Pharm is the first to evaluate the combined use of components of different adenovirus vaccines to prevent coronavirus infection. What the study demonstrated....

Back