Covid Vaccination Argentina

Automatic Google Translation of entire article:
3 August 2022
A Conicet study on the combination of vaccines against COVID will be the cover of the prestigious international journal Cell Reports Medicine. The work proves that applying immunizations from different platforms induces an antibody response better than or equal to that provided by homologous doses. In addition, it emphasizes that reinforcements are key against Omicron....The work will be the cover of the printed version of the scientific magazine on August 16....

6 August 2022
Highly contagious: the new subvariant of COVID already represents half of the cases in Argentina. The latest genomic surveillance report issued by the Ministry of Health confirmed the exponential growth of infections corresponding to the BA.5 subvariant of Ömicron. The first case was reported on June 29 and the transmission rate was so high that, according to official statistics, it already represents 53.5% of the cases detected....

Hello Everyone!

I took Ron in his for second booster 2 months ago at the Recoleta Cultural Center and it was crazy busy, huge lines, and the girl at the help desk was not very helpful to me because I didn't have an appointment and she couldn't find me in the computer to make me one.

I think part of the problem was I got my first COVID shot in the USA, and then I got my first booster here in Argentina. I tried 3 times to enter my information into the government website for people who received their first shot outside of Argentina, and it said it worked each time, but obviously it didn't work.

A friend then told me about a vaccination location in Monserrat at Bolivar 466. I walked in early this morning without an appointment, and there were no lines, the people were very friendly and helpful and I got my 2nd booster.

Of course there are many places to get the vaccinations around the city now

I'm just mentioning the Bolivar 466 location because it was so easy, in case others were having a problem getting an appointment.

Good luck everyone! Stay healthy and stay safe!

Pete & Ron

1660226532674.png

....A friend then told me about a vaccination location in Monserrat at Bolivar 466. I walked in early this morning without an appointment, and there were no lines, the people were very friendly and helpful and I got my 2nd booster.

Of course there are many places to get the vaccinations around the city now

I'm just mentioning the Bolivar 466 location because it was so easy, in case others were having a problem getting an appointment.

Good luck everyone! Stay healthy and stay safe!

Pete & Ron

View attachment 8345
In May, 2022 I went to the same location (Casa del Historiador, Bolivar 466) for my 2nd booster shot. I chose it because the were inoculating with Moderna. I had an appointment but others were walk-ins. The staff were definitely helpful/friendly and the waiting time was 10 minutes.

3 August 2022
A Conicet study on the combination of vaccines against COVID will be the cover of the prestigious international journal Cell Reports Medicine. The work proves that applying immunizations from different platforms induces an antibody response better than or equal to that provided by homologous doses. In addition, it emphasizes that reinforcements are key against Omicron....The work will be the cover of the printed version of the scientific magazine on August 16....
Great info Gracielle! Thanks for posting that!

Interesting news here, and very good for Argentina: https://www-infobae-com.translate.g..._sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Only phase I trials completed so far, but it looks promising: it's a second generation vaccine for booster doses in people already immunized.
It demonstrated safety and high immunogenicity against the Wuhan, Gamma and Omicron variants; it can now move on to Phase II and III trials.

It promises to be an export jewel, due to its flex recombinant protein technology, available in the region and not requiring an ultra-cold-chain.

29 October 2022 by Adriana Santagati
Covid vaccine: who has to have a fifth shot and what doses they will receive. The Ministry of Health informed this Saturday that the third coronavirus vaccine booster will be applied throughout the country in the autumn for those who received the last dose more than 120 days ago....At this stage, priority will be given to those over 50 years of age and people with risk conditions, as happened in the previous instances, and then continue with the rest of the population.

As Juan Manuel Castelli, Undersecretary of Health Strategies clarified to Clarin, at this moment the national gov't has 4.5 million doses. Each of these doses yields two reinforcements, because in this case 50% of the dose is used. The vaccines that will be used as a third booster are the messenger RNA vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna. Both laboratories have already approved their modified vaccines for variants (so-called bivalent) in the USA and the EU, but here the first ones, designed for the original strain, will be used as boosters.

Asked about when the bivalent vaccines will arrive in Argentina, Castelli pointed out that this will be seen depending on the fulfillment of the contracts, but that it does not matter if the vaccine is monovalent or bivalent, but rather "take advantage of the opportunity to vaccinate". “The difference that there may be in protection with one or the other is being assessed, but what has been shown is that when you are vaccinated, your immune profile improves. And those who received Pfizer or Moderna had a satisfactory response against Ómicron, without complications. The vaccines work well".

Castelli pointed out that they are in negotiations for the purchase of vaccines for 2023, but did not give more details in this regard. The Argentine vaccine ARVAC, which had good results in its phase I trials and will soon advance with II/III, will be evaluated as "all vaccine opportunities" if the results of the key stage of the clinical study are also satisfactory. He anticipated that by February/March, prior to the fall, the communication of the campaign will be bolstered to advance with the reinforcements for Covid. And that the results will be analyzed this winter in the northern hemisphere to think about that longer-term strategy. The key is in one word: seasonality....

Back