Crazy restaurant

Life's too short, if times are that tough maybe being an expat was a bad decision.

In regards to this, do you guys tip less if the restaurant charges cubierto? It is a service charge after all.

In regards to this, do you guys tip less if the restaurant charges cubierto? It is a service charge after all.
Something to consider . If four guests at 1500 pesos each means a cover of 6000 pesos. Perhaps more than the tip..?

have you ever noticed how long an arg stays at the table drinking water. you gotta make money somewhere. theres a reason. steve, learn to take compliments gracefully. your a great contributor. 🥴

I would not consider the location in Caballito to be good food. Average at best.

Blast from the past! I remember that prior to 2014 the cubierto charge was literally everywhere you took a seat. Then it seemed to disappear almost overnight as (I imagine) this law required restaurants to actually give clients something in exchange for it, rather than just offering the privilege of using their cutlery...

Now I am also noticing it coming back at more and more places, although it is still relatively uncommon (even amongst places that offer do you bread or water at the table as a courtesy).

What I would prefer to see instead however would be adding an optional 10% service charge to the bill as they do in Brazil along with some rules on how it should be distributed to the workers and be taxed - especially since it would allow diners to pay the gratuity by card rather than always needing to remember to bring cash.

Back