Crime In B.a.

.....I think this robbery is more like the Beastie Boys say- "somethings going on, and I'll probably never get it"....

A guy in his 60's quoting the Beastie Boys.

Es algo raro!

.....I think this robbery is more like the Beastie Boys say- "somethings going on, and I'll probably never get it"....

A guy in his 60's quoting the Beastie Boys.

Es algo raro!

Considering that the band was formed over 30 years ago, not really.

When they first came out they werent hip (even if they were hip hop) they were more a bratty college boy band and although they became cooler and respected a few years later their music was always naturally aimed at their own age group (with the themes references etc).

Oh well maybe I'm the old man here!

yup, I am a guy in his sixties, and I bought that beastie boys album when it came out- when, my guess would be, "you were still sucking on you mamma's tit, man", to quote the Beastie Boys.
Remember, hip hop and rap started at the same time as punk rock- in about 76. So you have to be pretty old to have been listening to rap, or punk or even metal, since it started.

not to say I dont also appreciate a bit of rock nacional, especially of the 70s, which was the era for us sixty year olds...

like maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlUXIfPt5tk

I was 11 when I bought -Licence To Ill- so with that in mind you might understand why I was suprised that someone 20 + years older than me bought the same album. They were barely in their twenties and were singing/rapping pretty juvenile stuff in a juvenile way hence as an 11 yr old I liked them. But if you got something else out of it then what ever floats your boat, whatever lights your cigar. If you'd first bought -Paul's Boutique- maybe I would have been less suprised...

Back