Crispy chilli beef in Buenos Aires?

jb5 said:
Look at the lost Asian blog, she has some decent Chinese restaurants reviewed.

I have tried both the Villa Crespo restaurants that she recommends and can attest to them being infinitely superior to anything I have eaten in China Town. I only had dumplings at the dumpling restaurant (can't remember the name) and they were very good (20 for 20 pesos, a lunchtime bargain). I have now eaten several times at Bai Fu which she recommends for duck (Scalabrini Ortiz 152) and the duck is excellent. Have tried a number of other dishes there including the Hong Kong pork I had last night and haven't been disappointed. Also for 4 pesos you get a good sized pot of chilis in oil with your takeaway, which i keep as the main source of picante for a lot of my cooking.

They are nice people from the South of China, portion sizes are good, service quick and the restaurant always peopled with Chinese customers.

Also for a real asian treat, try Cocina Sunae. I tried her food the other night and it was world class.

Bai Fu sounds good will have to try it.
I cooked this crispy chilli beef recipe yesterday and was amazing, much better than any Chinese dishes i've tried in BA, actually the tastiest meal i've had for a long time - http://www.bluedragon.com/recipes/crispy-shredded-beef.aspx . Didn't have a deep fat fryer so just fried it normally (after an attempt to deep fry in a pan which caught fire).

Stafford said:
You better learn how to cook. :) Seriously, you can get all the ingredients you'll need in Chinatown.

On New Year's Eve I cooked a meal in a hot chilli sauce paste that I bought in China town and it was very hot! I could barely eat it and an Argentine friend was in tears. I don't think you'll get that hot in a restaurant here.

Back