Cristina Adops Jewish Boy To Stop Werewolf ...

She may very well be desperate for votes (for which office one can only guess), but how does that have anything to do with continuing a (seemingly goofy) tradition that all Argentine presidents have performed for over a hundred years and which according to The Independent:

Starting in 1907, the tradition was formally established by a decree in 1973 by Juan Domingo Peron, which also extended the practice to baby girls.

There are so many damaging things this gov't does (eg, Monsanto, corporate subsidies...), yet why do only the lamest arguments against them seem to make the papers?

What a scream. I followed the link to
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/president-of-argentina-adopts-jewish-godson-to-stop-him-turning-into-a-werewolf-9946414.html

-- and laughed even harder at the idea that the family had petitioned for this in 1993. In the ensuing 21 years, I wonder how many babies this kid consumed?!

Thanks, Johnniewalker, for something fun.

There are so many damaging things this gov't does (eg, Monsanto, corporate subsidies...), yet why do only the lamest arguments against them seem to make the papers?

Sadly few people care about Argentina's economic or social problems outside of Argentina. Media isn't going to grab eyeballs with measured reports of Argentina's woes. But every once in a while, Argentina generates a killer, eyeball grabbing headline. Unfortunately this is usually because commuters have set fire to a late running train. Or in this case, because the President has adopted a boy to stop him becoming a werewolf. Stories like this make money.

This reminds me of the tradition that Ed is establishing in Northern Argentina, viz. the mandatory viewing of Teen Wolf Too every seven days whilst cannibalizing Vital Tony.

wtf this is a real thing? i thought it was an onion story or something!

Of all the excruciating deaths I can imagine for Vital Tony, none of them involve ingestion.

Reactions: Joe
It even made the german news... Otherwise, Argentina is only mentioned there in the context of bankruptcy, protests or losing soccer games, so a werewolf is something new :D

Back