Cristina asks AFIP to investigate man who commented for newspaper article

el_expatriado said:
I believe you have to have a work visa for this to apply. If you are here on any other class of visa (rentista, pensionado, etc) you have to pony up.

I'm not sure what kind of visas rentista and pensionado are, but if they're not temporary (that is, renewable every year or whatever the limit may be), then the permanent resident rule applies to you.

But if these visas are temporary, you can avoid taxes by being out of the country for more than 90 days in a 12 month period. And that would be legal.

If they send AFIP after this hapless fellow, who would they send after the opposition, aka Lanata?

Gringoboy said:
If they send AFIP after this hapless fellow, who would they send after the opposition, aka Lanata?

They already have guys in unmarked cars following Lanata, at least in Tucumán. Who knows what they are doing in Buenos Aires. At a minimum they are going to have his phones tapped.

I know someone who works at the SI (ex-SIDE) and they monitor everything -- phones, e-mails, text messages, cellular calls, etc.

Gringoboy said:

Don't know. But from the look of things, sooner or later they will shut him up. The K mob has gotten pretty darn strong. Its a fallacy to call this government democratic.

Last time I checked, democracy did not mean getting rid of any opposing views.

Dictatorship on the other hand is a more apt title for the Argentine system. Dictatorship can be applied via an individual or via a party like in China...Argentina resembles the latter. But the government here is so incompetent, they don't even do that right.

nicoenarg said:
So, legally, you should not be paying taxes on your foreign income if the above applies to you.

Except I'm not required to stay here regarding my job (personal choice).

It's quite interesting though that someone here, even on a tourist visa, wanting to pay income taxes cannot do it.

In France, even prostitutes have to pay taxes (what makes the State a pimp btw :D)

nicoenarg said:
This is how things are done in Dubai...well almost. If the royal family thinks you've upset them, then you get thrown in jail. Its not good that you can easily compare what Cristina does to what a dictator in the middle east does.

However, if I was still in Dubai, I wouldn't be writing anything that could be perceived as critical of the ruler. So, there still are quite a few freedoms here that a lot of people around the world don't have.

well, the guy was complaining about CFK and she ask afip about him to see if what he said is true or rotten fish and she discovered he doesn t pay taxes. So, what's wrong about that?

Bajo_cero2 said:
well, the guy was complaining about CFK and she ask afip about him to see if what he said is true or rotten fish and she discovered he doesn t pay taxes. So, what's wrong about that?

Announcing it via national television. There is supposed to be a "secreto fiscal" whereby each person has a right to privacy in their tax dealings.

How about sending AFIP to inspect a comedor barrial because they host Lanata? Do you think there is nothing wrong with that?

This is the same tactic she used on the Clarin when they called out her lies. Also there was no reason, or proof of the fact, only her word................... For what thats worth ????

el_expatriado said:
Announcing it via national television. There is supposed to be a "secreto fiscal" whereby each person has a right to privacy in their tax dealings.

come on! Nobody disclosured how much he pays (that s secreto fiscal) because he doesn t pay.
And the point is that he was complaining because he is not able to continue evading tax, behing the excuses it s all about that, she shown on national tv his hipocrecy. Real state agent later sell the dollars they get in black market.

Bajo_cero2 said:
come on! Nobody disclosured how much he pays (that s secreto fiscal) because he doesn t pay.
And the point is that he was complaining because he is not able to continue evading tax, behing the excuses it s all about that, she shown on national tv that his hipocrecy.

But the whole point is that the political leaders shouldn't be looking into the tax records of people who criticize them. In a country with proper institutions this kind of things doesn't happen. I can assure you that Obama or Rajoy don't just call over to the tax office to see whether the people who criticize them are tax evaders.

Instead of Cristina responding to his argument (which is true, by the way) that no one is buying/selling properties, she decides to attack the messenger. The fact that this guy didn't pay taxes has nothing to do with the argument that the dollar controls have totally paralyzed the real estate market.

Back