CUIT/Despachante help

Thank you all for your comments. An update: yesterday the rep suggested that any CUIT/CUIL would suffice, but today they insisted that it must match the name of the recipient. So borrowing someone's is not an option, for DHL at least. It also took a stern talking-to to convince them to return the package to the sender instead of telling Customs to mark it as "abandoned". Never underestimate customer service in this country.
That was my understanding, it fits what happened when I wasn't able to receive a parcel 2-3 years back.

You need a CUIT, not just the basic one either, but some level of CUIT that allows you to import goods, A CUIL isn't sufficient. A bill will be issued by customs to the person importing the package, and only that person with the corresponding CUIT can pay it. Also, it's not like there's a minimum declared value which will be checked and taxed, there's a major occupational therapy program in customs that requires every single package to be opened and examined. The only things I've successfully had delivered from outside are documents.

DHL was probably trying to screw with you, my parcel was returned to the sender without any further action on my part. DHL will probably charge you (or, more likely, the sender) for the time your laptop spent in their warehouse.

We bought a Dell laptop abroad a few months ago and got it shipped, etc. Only to find out that the very same laptop at the blue rate was the same price in BsAs ( computers do not pay VAT, etc ). Unless you are looking for a very specific configuration,etc, chances are that you will find what you are looking at at the same price ( blue rate )

I'm in the same boat, but....

"No hay operativa aduanera para devolver a origen.

Las opciones son la liberación por medio de un despachante o abandono a favor del estado para su destrucción."

Last time I send anything here.

just a silly question is it the same with clothes? I still have for a significant amount of clothes in my homecountry, if i get them shipped here they will be locked at customs?

just a silly question is it the same with clothes? I still have for a significant amount of clothes in my homecountry, if i get them shipped here they will be locked at customs?
If you want to have the clothes with you in Argentina, you can either go back to your home country and get them or have someone bring them to you as checked baggage. Otherwise, you will probably have bad luck with the aduana. Even if you had a CUIT that allowed you to import goods, there wiould be a problem. Used clothes were on the "not allowed" list the last time I checked.

Back