Cultural differences you actually like

YOenBA

Registered
I know cultural differences can be weird at first and some things you just never get used to but I find there are certain cultural differences in Argentina that I rather enjoy.

I like that meals are meant to be enjoyed, even if that means a 2+ hour lunch break. No more eating on the run.

I also like that Sundays are all about being lazy and hanging out with friends and family.

What do you like?

They say I am 100% Porteno and pretty much used to all costumbres

There are some things I don't like but that are things I can't change, so no need to worry about that

Kissing men doesn't mean anything to me...as long as it's on the cheek (of the face).:D

(I got used to it in France.):p

Lee said:
This thread has been done before BUT I will go with it in the spirit of being positive.

My number 1 favorite cultural difference here is that men kiss other men whom they are not necessarily (although often) "romantically" involved with!

I kind of don't mind the kissing on the cheek thing with guys, but when they have a beard that's where the gross factor goes to a 10. Then again, you would probably think the same about having to repeatedly kiss women. lol

Walking to get somewhere. I don't miss my car (much) in Argentina. But this I also love about London and Paris.

Having to kiss 12 people on the cheek when you enter a room can get old.

Anyway, one thing I like about the culture in BA is that when you feel like partying, there is plenty of it to do. Not going out until after midnight and not returning home until well after sunrise can be fun.

Women in tight jeans with knee high boots.

What do they where in summer? :)

Back