Current State Of International Post?

Crema Americana

Registered
Has anyone received any packages lately from international origin? (Either to their door or had to pick up in Retiro) I'm trying to get an idea of just how long the delay is.

Against my strong warnings, an Argentine family member had me send something through the post (USPS) and that was a little over 2 weeks ago. I know Argentina's customs is super slow especially now during the holidays, but I'm wondering if I should start getting concerned. The Christmas card I sent got there a couple days ago. Tracking shows it's being "processed by customs" since Dec. 23. No pickup card was sent to the house.

Took almost 3 weeks for a package from my university in London to get here. Took a month and a half for a letter from Romania to get here. I don't think there is a standard time frame. Depends on the mood of the folks delivering the packages it seems. But they do get delivered. Haven't lost anything in mail.

I had heard something about there being a backlog of packages, so I wasn't sure if there was a new general time frame. It's been a while since I've sent something through the mail. Thanks. :)

I have received a package from Europe mid December which took 4-5 weeks to get here. I had to pick it up from Retiro. Tracking showed it had arrived in Argentina within 1 week.

Took 18 days to receive Meds from California. Three hours at retiro :( but happy I received everything.

Ordered my first package from DX, weight is about that of an internal CD-ROM drive and very similar (internal PC component). It left Shanghai/PRC Monday, I'm expecting February

Ordered my first package from DX, weight is about that of an internal CD-ROM drive and very similar (internal PC component). It left Shanghai/PRC Monday, I'm expecting February

If it is a PC component you MIGHT have problems. Would be awesome if you let us know what becomes of it.

Back