Current VP and former President of Argentina could face prison time.

Peronist smoke and mirrors at their finest.

That's all they have left.

After JP's remarks in Jackson Hole, I don't see a way out for this admin. I'm really convinced we're going to see a massive crisis in Emerging Markets - Argentina included within the next 6 months. Prolonged slow global growth and high interest rates are a death sentence.

Who picks up the pieces afterwards? Milei, PRO, a K who blames it on Massa and AF?

That's all they have left.

After JP's remarks in Jackson Hole, I don't see a way out for this admin. I'm really convinced we're going to see a massive crisis in Emerging Markets - Argentina included within the next 6 months. Prolonged slow global growth and high interest rates are a death sentence.

Who picks up the pieces afterwards? Milei, PRO, a K who blames it on Massa and AF?
And yet, money is flowing into emerging markets, and even Argentina is benefiting. There will be slow growth and maybe recession in the northern hemisphere for sure, but countries with commodities to sell, and even more, which are generally self-sufficient like Argentina, have an opportunity in the current circumstances. Argentina's economy grew by 6.5% in the first 6 months of 2022 (the outlook for the second 6 months is a lot less certain, of course).

And Milei will pick up the pieces? That's a joke, he'd jump up and down on them.

Say what you will about Cristina, she does command the absolute loyalty of a sizable minority of the population.

You can tell she's giving her security people gray hairs mixing with the crowd like that, but I suppose they're paid and trained to deal with it.

As always, the banner is in Castellano, and the story will initially appear in that tongue when you click the link. Wait a few seconds and it will change to English.

First paragraph reads -
More than 250 women leaders from 17 countries signed a document in support of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner for considering that the vice president is the victim of "blatant persecution" and denounced that the cause called Vialidad is "one more chapter of the lawfare strategy" in Latin America.

All these complaints about Lawfare make me laugh, the Ks only care about it when they're on the receiving end.

Remember those posters that called Cristina complicit in the deaths of people from COVID? They raided that woman's apartment and used all the recourses of the security state to investigate her when at worst it's a civil matter. Imagine if that effort went in to arresting motochorros or rapists.

I have no sympathy for Cristina, as I would have none for Macri. Icarus got too close to the sun and now she's getting burned. She got greedy, took too much off the top via Báez and got caught. The lesson isn't that Argentine politicians shouldn't be corrupt, it's to remember to curb your greed lest you end up in front of a prosecutor.

As always, the banner is in Castellano, and the story will initially appear in that tongue when you click the link. Wait a few seconds and it will change to English.

First paragraph reads -
More than 250 women leaders from 17 countries signed a document in support of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner for considering that the vice president is the victim of "blatant persecution" and denounced that the cause called Vialidad is "one more chapter of the lawfare strategy" in Latin
How is this lawfare? You yourself have even admitted that she stole, that she's a thief.

All these complaints about Lawfare make me laugh, the Ks only care about it when they're on the receiving end.

Remember those posters that called Cristina complicit in the deaths of people from COVID? They raided that woman's apartment and used all the recourses of the security state to investigate her when at worst it's a civil matter. Imagine if that effort went in to arresting motochorros or rapists.

I have no sympathy for Cristina, as I would have none for Macri. Icarus got too close to the sun and now she's getting burned. She got greedy, took too much off the top via Báez and got caught. The lesson isn't that Argentine politicians shouldn't be corrupt, it's to remember to curb your greed lest you end up in front of a prosecutor.
They make me laugh too. When the courts were going after rightist leaders in Peru, no one said anything, they were just doing their job. And how interesting that Michele Bachelet has never been accused of anything??? And she is center left??? Maybe it's because she wasn't a thief.

Why should Latin American leaders be held to a lower standard than the rest of the world? Stealing is stealing regardless of who does it and where, unless two presidential pensions are just not enough to buy all the Gucci one wants and needs and therefore justify the thievery.

First paragraph reads -
More than 250 women leaders from 17 countries signed a document in support of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner for considering that the vice president is the victim of "blatant persecution" and denounced that the cause called Vialidad is "one more chapter of the lawfare strategy" in Latin America.
These are leftist leaders. How many female leftist leaders are there in the world? I don't know exactly but I'd venture to say a lot more than 250 and yet the majority did not sign.

And yet, money is flowing into emerging markets, and even Argentina is benefiting. There will be slow growth and maybe recession in the northern hemisphere for sure, but countries with commodities to sell, and even more, which are generally self-sufficient like Argentina, have an opportunity in the current circumstances. Argentina's economy grew by 6.5% in the first 6 months of 2022 (the outlook for the second 6 months is a lot less certain, of course).

And Milei will pick up the pieces? That's a joke, he'd jump up and down on them.

I hope that you are right. The beauty of it is that anyone can bet and be rewarded if they are correct. We'll see what happens.

Things are shaping up nicely for the K propaganda machine, generating yet more distraction from the charges faced and pathetic defense by CFK against them.

Their violent neo-fascist thugs ignited violence attacking police injuring seven of them, the police responded as they would anywhere and now … the President is already playing the victim card, calling the opposition and “their” brutal police force violent for squirting water at them (after he and his own movement threatened violence against others…and it seems, delivered.)

We are now seeing the legend of Santa Cristina the in the making. Pass the popcorn.

Back