Curry Night? Anyone?

Hey people out there, I am from India living here for almost a year now. Let me know if you need any help. I would be most interested in a curry night. And you do get a lot of spices here. And if you need any help let me know.

And there are some good indian places to eat out and you can just ask them to make it spicy and they would make it authentic spicy food. i love to cook so if someone is really interetsed we can do something together :)

Also FYI, there is an ongoing Indian festival going on in BA. If anyone's interetsed go for it. Had an awesome wekeend this weekend with lots of fun with good indian food, bollywood music and seeing the locals dancing to the Indian tunes and ofcourse a good exhibition at Borges. The exhibition is On till 24th.

PM me if you need to know more would be glad to help and share or plan something for a curry night :)

Hey people out there, I am from India living here for almost a year now. Let me know if you need any help. I would be most interested in a curry night. And you do get a lot of spices here. And if you need any help let me know.

And there are some good indian places to eat out and you can just ask them to make it spicy and they would make it authentic spicy food. i love to cook so if someone is really interetsed we can do something together :)

Also FYI, there is an ongoing Indian festival going on in BA. If anyone's interetsed go for it. Had an awesome wekeend this weekend with lots of fun with good indian food, bollywood music and seeing the locals dancing to the Indian tunes and ofcourse a good exhibition at Borges. The exhibition is On till 24th.

PM me if you need to know more would be glad to help and share or plan something for a curry night :)

Which Indian restaurants can you recommend to us? You'll be doing them a good service as we will try them!

I've only ever tried one in Palermo, name escapes me. Cocktails were good, but the food was lacking a bit of punch. Not just in terms of chilli, but everything seemed a bit watered down. Less ginger, less cumin etc.

Give us your list !

Give us your list !

All of them are a disaster.

Reasons?

aa) They have substandard albiet imported cooks

bb) They do not use all spices in required quantities to make authentic food

cc) They struggle to import spices

dd) They cater to local tastebuds and tone down spices and flavors

ee) India has a plethora of dishes and menu possibilies ( eg Food from North India ; South India ; other states etc) . Interesting in BA, almost all restaurants have the same exact menu!

ff) Despite sub standard food, they are still making good money leaving them uninspired to try harder.

I'd like to hear Savankit's reccomendations. I don't agree with point C and more broadly that they cannot import ingredients.

My favourite food shop, Sabores de India. Cuidad de la paz, if you ask they will have it. I've bought all manner of spices in there and they've always had what I needed.

I agree you don't get absolutely authentic food and its more ebcause of the local people not preferring a lot of spicy food and thus the people have reduced the amount of spices, etc in their dishes.

But we did try places like Swagat and Delhi Masala and it was satisfying enough for once in a blue moon craving of Indian food (the tandoor food).

All of them are a disaster.

Reasons?

aa) They have substandard albiet imported cooks

bb) They do not use all spices in required quantities to make authentic food

cc) They struggle to import spices

dd) They cater to local tastebuds and tone down spices and flavors

ee) India has a plethora of dishes and menu possibilies ( eg Food from North India ; South India ; other states etc) . Interesting in BA, almost all restaurants have the same exact menu!

ff) Despite sub standard food, they are still making good money leaving them uninspired to try harder.

Have to disagree, I`ve eaten at 3 different indian restaurants in BA (Taj Mahal, Bengal and Tandoor) and have to say I thought they were all pretty decent, and trust me i`ve eaten in a fair few indian restaurants over the years. I also ask for extra spices when I order to make them spicier for my taste. But agree the menus are similar

I would def be up for a regular curry night too! El Gato Negro in Corrientes 1669 is also good for buying spices.

Have to disagree, I`ve eaten at 3 different indian restaurants in BA (Taj Mahal, Bengal and Tandoor) and have to say I thought they were all pretty decent, and trust me i`ve eaten in a fair few indian restaurants over the years. I also ask for extra spices when I order to make them spicier for my taste. But agree the menus are similar

You must be one of the owners then..

Back