Curry

LaLondonera

Registered
Dear all

Am dying for a curry, even in this heat. Any local experiences...Thai or Indian would do.

Thanks!!!

For curry cravings I always head to Taj Mahal in Palermo (Nicaruagua 4345). They do really good curries, no pilau rice though unfortunately.

I second Taj Mahal. It's not very spicy (none of them are) but probably the nicest, taste-wise I've tried here. Quite pricey though for what you get and for the small portion sizes. If you want anything spicy though, you'll have to make it yourself!

Bangalore is surprisingly picante.

Also, Cocina Sunae (Pan-Asian puerta cerrada w/heavy Thai influence) opens this week. www.cocinasunae.com Ask for extra picante, she'll take care of you.

Another place is Avda. Scalabrini Ortiz and Charcas (at the corner) It´s a "dietética" or Avda. Ángel Gallardo near Camargo street (it´s called "Todoverde"). Even, you can get it at Chinatown (Belgrano).

I order samosas, naan, and raita from Tandoor (they deliver) and cook the curry myself.

I have been to all of the places others have mentioned and none of them are better than Mash in Monserrat, on calle México. No, I am not friends with the owner, but he is a British guy who is always there. They make the food as spicy as you want. Always important if you are like me and don't think food is spicy unless your nose is running. And the naan and rice is included, no stupid extra charge like at the other places. There's even a yummy starter plate that he always puts out with naan, mango chutney, yogurt sauce with mint, and one other sauce. If you don't like to cook and have pesos to spare, go here.

Back