Curry

They also have horrible rice in Argentina, I buy basmati rice abroad or when I can find i get the overpriced jasmine rice in jumbo.

We too buy nan, samosas, and raita as take out and make chicken/veg curry at home and rice.

@AlfajorEfi; You can get basmati rice here. It's not cheap but you can find a couple of brands at select import stores. One brand is Riso (green box) and the other is Kohinoor (small burlap sack) from India.

I second the Mash recommendation. My wife and I have been working our way through the menu over the last month - the green curry I had last time probably wasn't quite up to standard but just about everything else has been (massaman, trinidadian, rogan josh...) and at very reasonable prices.

Go to Casa China in Chinatown (right by the dragon arch on Arribenos) for basmati (and jasmine, etc...

Phucket (Thai) had some nice spice last time I went. I can easily down 1/4 a cup of Sri Racha on my meal and not be phased, if that helps define my spice-o-meter. The flavors weren't has complex and complimentary as the work of several Thai chefs I know, but as far as eating out around here, I was satisfied. Sudestada, if you beg for the spiciest thing they'll give you also has kick - although I wasn't very impressed with the flavor profile of their curries.

I've got to agree with the others though, if you want a good curry, make it at home. The ingredients available aren't the best, but they are functional. ;)

I just had Tandoor for the first time and I was pleased. Can't speak for the others mentioned on this site though.

We tried Mash a recently based on the suggestions here and had some great curries. Will definitely go back.

vanessa said:
Go to Casa China in Chinatown (right by the dragon arch on Arribenos) for basmati (and jasmine, etc...
Barrio chino is ex-pat heaven!!!

Back