Customs At Eze Getting Tough

No, the $300 limit applies to new items. Your previously used personal effects (such as laptop, phone, watch, etc.) are not included in the $300.

If you bring more than one used phone or laptop you might get some scrutiny. Some expats have posted that they have brought two laptops and told customs that one is for business and the other is for personal use and did not have a problem. Of course that could change, but having one watch, one phone, and one laptop for personal use won't result in any charges.
emo32.gif

But there would be charges If the one phone or laptop are new, right?

But there would be charges If the one phone or laptop are new, right?

I think that's gonna be a judgement call for the customs officer, otherwise they wouldn't be checking manufactured dates... I mean they have no way of knowing what you already have in the country, and if it's pretty new they probably have the right to charge you tax.

I must have been through the airport here 10 times at least, but I honestly cannot remember. Do you have to turn out your pockets? or is it just put bags through the belt?

I must have been through the airport here 10 times at least, but I honestly cannot remember. Do you have to turn out your pockets? or is it just put bags through the belt?

you can hide yr new phones out of boxes in yr pockets...no one will check.

but in my last trip for the first time ever ( mind u..self a frequent traveler) saw police dogs walking around sniffing ppl and bags. I swear..this is the first time I saw it in Arg.

you can hide yr new phones out of boxes in yr pockets...no one will check.

but in my last trip for the first time ever ( mind u..self a frequent traveler) saw police dogs walking around sniffing ppl and bags. I swear..this is the first time I saw it in Arg.

Probably looking ( or sniffing) for cash.....

Back