Daily Url, Feb 10

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 10 February

Julio Cortázar and Rayuela[argen-times]
Cortázar's iconic image. If asked to name a famous Argentine writer, nine times out of ten Jorge Luis Borges is the first to spring to mind. But this week marks the 26th anniversary...

Colectivos (buses), Part 2: On Board (Super advanced colectivo etiquette)[LandingPadBA]
For all of you colectivo joyriders and aficionados….. For all of you determined to improve your colectivo awareness…. For all of you who are sick and tired of committing colectivo faux pas...

Wednesday, 09 February

Pinta tu Barrio[The Argentina Independent]
Sometimes heroism comes in the shape of a tin of paint, or so believe the artists behind Pinta tu Barrio – a project breathing new life into run-down neighbourhoods in Quilmes.

Top 5 Seafood Restaurants[The Argentina Independent]
In a country famed for its succulent steaks, cracking pork chops and greasy panchos, who needs seafood in Buenos Aires? Contrary to popular thought the city is overrun with tasty dishes sourced from t...

Tuesday, 08 February

Presidential Backbone – 6th Vertebra[SaltShaker]
On our last section of Av. Rivadavia we left off in the 5400 block in front of the Mercado del Progreso . Picking up from there in barrio Caballito… …as I look down the avenu...

To Market to Market[Notes From A Broad]
There is no excuse, here in Buenos Aires, for not having been to the market today. Almost every block has a kiosk, bakery, small produce market that also sells eggs and milk or something bigger like ...

Podcast Offers Entertaining Insight into Argentina[The Argentine Post]
Looking for a fun, entertaining and insightful look at Argentina and its cultural quirks? Look no further. BA Cast has arrived. Expat Daniel Karlin (Portland, Oregon) and Buenos Aires native Fernando....

Buenos Aires Massages and More[LandingPadBA]
Despite the ever increasing inflation in Buenos Aires you can still find some good deals as a visitor. There are services and products that are still inexpensive comparably to our home country’s stand...

Monday, 07 February

buenos aires: art deco barrial[line of sight]
Although the architecture department at the Universidad de Buenos Aires officially opened in 1901, local students had already developed a habit of going abroad to study. Naturally, returning gradu...

Citi: BA Among Top 5 Global Megacities[InvestBA.com]
London, São Paulo, Mexico City, Shanghai and Buenos Aires will be the The Top 5 Global Megacities of the next 15 years, according to a new report from Citi. The ranking looks at GDP growth, population...

Argentina Holidays[Discover Buenos Aires]
Keeping up with the holidays in Argentina is a difficult task. First, as a foreigner, you’re already at a disadvantage because you did not grow up knowing what days are holidays. Second, t...

catalogo[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Coming to Buenos Aires to do some shopping? Well let’s cut right to the chase and get to the good stuff. Here are my five favorite stores for women’s fashion in Buenos Aires. 5. Rap...

Teatro Colon to resume guided visits[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The Teatro Colon of Buenos Aires has announced that the guided tours to the interior of this magnificent theater will resume on Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 . They will be held every day,...

Sunday, 06 February

BAFWeek - Buenos Aires Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2011[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The most important event for the Argentine fashion industry, BAFWeek, brings together the most established brands in the fashion world and the independent designers, for the launching of their Fal...

One of America’s Most Wanted Fugitives Captured in Argentina[The Epoch Times]
Another one of America’s “15 Most Wanted” photos is now emblazoned with a banner that reads “captured.” Paul Merle Eischeid, a dangerous criminal wanted for the 2001 murder and mauling of Cynthia Garcia ...

Saturday, 05 February

Barrio Chino — Buenos Aires’ Little Chinese Tiger[Wander Argentina]
Buenos Aires’ Barrio Chino (that would be Chinatown) may only comprise a few city streets, but is nonetheless difficult to miss. Beginning alongside the train tracks at the intersection of Ju...

Friday, 04 February

found: vintage airline ads[line of sight]
Find your favorite destination at Vintage Ad Browser .

Argentine money cop means business[AP]
Our main problem is the outflow of money to fiscal paradises. The most absurd is that the (U.S.) state of Delaware is the first destination for Argentine money, most of it from tax evasion ...

Thursday, 03 February

Fibertel to Offer Super Fast Internet in First Half 2011[The Argentine Post]
Argentina’s leading cable TV provider, Cablevisión, plans to launch a new ultra-fast Internet service in the first half of 2011. The plan, which the company confirmed.....

mybeautifulair[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Considering Teaching English in Buenos Aires? There are a few things you should know first. 1. Get Your Tefl Certification A TEFL certification is the first step to becoming an En...

Noise and Peace[Pine Tree Paradise]
"Yeah, I promise. No more running around in the airport." IN A WAY , this is dreamy. I am taking a trip on my own without my family, without my wife a...

Alleged Plenty of Fish hacker speaks out[Times Colonist]
Chris Russo, who described himself as a security researcher from Buenos Aires, said his team was only trying to help after discovering a security breach on plentyoffish.com Jan. 21.

Wednesday, 02 February

On learning to be the tango boy, when you are really a girl — Part 1[Sallycat’s Adventures]
I never thought I’d want to learn to be a tango boy. I mean, why (in heaven’s name) would I when I can get bliss, and feel like the most desirable woman on the planet whenever I want, in the ar...

McDonald's, McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut[argen-times]
Argentina's empanadas . Cheap fast food makes for popular grub from New York to Beijing, but when brands like Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken tried their luck in Argentina, the...

Tuesday, 01 February

When Buenos Aires is Perfect[Notes From A Broad]
The heat finally broke after the rain and jungle damp that was yesterdays weather .. we woke to bright sunshine, blue blue skies and a nice cool breeze. It has been about 74ºF all day. I like it ...

5 Things I WOULD Do as a Tourist[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
You may have read the post on ’5 Normal Things I Wouldn’t Do As a Tourist’ , about some safety precautions for Buenos Aires. This post is about how to get the most from your time ...

Chinese New Year in Buenos Aires[Wander Argentina]
On Sunday, February 6th Buenos Aires’ Chinatown will be ringing in the Year of the Rabbit, 4709 of the Chinese calendar. The festivities will include the yearly dragon d...

BsAs Local Tours on TV – part one[Gringo Starr]
A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to have a local tourism TV channel come along and film the tour in action. You can see all of their Argentina videos here , and most importantly, the first...

Sunday, 30 January

A Taste Of The Mediterranean, As Far Away As That May Be[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
A Sunday stroll through San Telmo led Lucas and me to Habibi, my favorite place for Mediterranean food in Buenos Aires. Both Lucas and I love Middle Eastern food, so we were excited. Arabian...

Thursday, 27 January
Eating Argentina[Señor Suitcase]
With the notable exception of tinned tuna sushi and a slew of forgettable pizzas, we’ve enjoyed all of the food here. However, there are a few stand-out items on the menu del pais that demand to ...

Argentina’s Next President[Pine Tree Paradise]
"Let's go girls!" - A warm-up for the presidential victory dance. MY ELDEST DAUGHTER is in with the times in Argentina . She’s just declared tha...

Carnaval Porteño 2011 - Buenos Aires Carnival[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Every weekend from Saturday, February 5 until Tuesday, March 8, 2011, the “Carnaval Porteño 2011” (Buenos Aires Carnival) will take place at different neighborhoods, with the participation of 17 t...

Buenos Aires with Music[Notes From A Broad]
I am hiding inside, from the stultifying heat and humidity and occasional storms. Listening to music and reading and relaxing. None of which are anything to Blog about .. so , I have these for you t...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back