Daily Url, May 3

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 03 May

The Suburban Players: A good bite o’ theatre in English[The Argentina Independent]
Tucked away in a colonial house in the suburbs, laughter is heard from behind a folded black curtain. Peeping through the gaps, bright lights shine onto the stage and a positive, relaxed energy emanat...

The International Book Fair[For 91 Days in Buenos Aires]
Books for only 1 Dollar. One of the world’s biggest book fairs takes place in Buenos Aires and, in fact, is going on right now — over the course of three weeks, the 37t...

Top 5 Lingerie and Sex Shops in Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
Top 5 Lingerie and Sex Shops 1. Sophie Jones, Frank’s Bar, Arevalo 1445: Widely known as the most popular brand of sex toys in Argentina, Sophie Jones is the chic way to enjoy foreplay. The website gi...

Un cuento chino[Filming in Argentina: The blog of San Telmo Productions]
"Un cuento chino" explores the idea of chance and the arbitrariness of events. This is Borensztein’s third feature film staring Ricardo Darin (star of Oscar winning ...

Express Kidnappings Soar In First Quarter – Report[The Argentine Post]
The number of so-called “express kidnappings” reported by local media soared in the first quarter of 2011, according to a new study. The media reported 28 of these kidnappings in the...

Chocolate bathroom? Translation tools for travel[cnet.com]
Solution 1--Kindle loaded with Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Translation Dictionary: PROS: For a long trip abroad, it's tough to beat ...

Monday, 02 May

The Unbeatable Ice Cream of Buenos Aires[For 91 Days in Buenos Aires]
Make Ice Cream At Home. From across the Atlantic, Argentina sounds out the challenge to its frumpy ancestor Italy. “Hey, you think you got good pizza? How you like these ...

La Boca[Wander Argentina]
La Boca, the Buenos Aires’ neighborhood famed for its colorful houses, its tango and its soccer team, is the one spot that makes every visitor’s agenda. The centerpiece is the cobblestone str...

Photo Post: The ‘Mr. Cock’ Photo Shop[The Argentine Post]
We’ve all seen our fair share of poorly chosen English words or expressions, but this one takes the cake. I saw this while walking around Olivos on Sunday. Mr. Cock appears to be a photography.....

Gran Premio República Argentina[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
Here in the hipódromo in Palermo hats are not necessary, at least today they weren’t. Except maybe to protect you from rain and cold...

Argentine Writer Ernesto Sábato Died[The Argentina Independent]
On Saturday 30th April, Argentine writer Ernesto Sábato died at his home in Santos Lugares, located in the department of Tres de Febrero, at age 99. He suffered from a grave bronchitis. The famous aut...

Sunday, 01 May

Hidden Streets[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
As Buenos Aires is a city in the ‘new world’ : it has a been build according to an architectural plan. It has a grid structure that is ever present, numbers jump per 100 each block,...

Saturday, 30 April

I'll Be Frika[The Gill Family]
With a new baby our ability to be adventurous in finding new restaurants has been limited. Distance to home, stroller accessibility and speed of service have become the new necessities of restaurants...

Friday, 29 April

Argie[Thoughts from a Latin Land]
“So how’s life in Argentina? Amazing I bet..” “Are you going to stay forever?” You hear these from friends back home constantly. There seems to be something about living abroad that they just d...

The Buenos Aires Hop-on Hop-off bus extends its route to Belgrano[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The tourist bus of the city of Buenos Aires has extended its route, to include the Northern neighborhood of Belgrano. This new route will allow visitors to know one of the most beautiful areas ...

Stop the economy![Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
Whoever moves around on wheels in Buenos Aires, preferably crossing the avenida 9 de Julio direction Microcentro will, sooner or later (well actually, rather sooner then later), come across the...

Monday, 25 April

El Truco[argen-times]
A weekend game of truco. 'Envido.' 'Quiero.' '31.' 'Son buenas.' 'Truco.' 'Quiero re truco.' 'Quiero vale cuatro.' 'Quiero.' 'Hijo de put...

Viggo Mortensen to Debut his First Argentine Film[Filming in Argentina: The blog of San Telmo Productions]
Argentina Films producer Haddock and Calculus Spanish Films, the same as the Oscar-winning “The secret of their eyes” and “The Widows of Thursday, ” began pre-production on...

U.S. Americans in Buenos Aires: the New Expat Mecca[Romancing Argentina]
Looking for an expat Mecca? It looks like North Americans have found it in Buenos Aires. La Nacion reports today that there are more immigrants to Buenos Aires from the US...

Sunday, 24 April

U.S. Expats Love Buenos Aires...and I Guess I Still Do Too[The Positive Expat]
One of the most emailed stories from today's national newspaper La Nacion is the report that U.S. expats are thronging to Buenos Aires, outnumbering immigrants from any other country, not counting t...

buenos aires: churches[line of sight]
Being Easter Sunday, what better time to write about churches in Buenos Aires? Easter is probably my least favorite holiday of the year as it brings back memories of being dragged unwillingly to chur...

Saturday, 23 April

Día de los Tres Reyes Magos in Argentina[Seashells and Sunflowers | Necochea, Argentina]
The celebration of the Epiphany , known as El Día de los Tres Reyes Magos in Spanish-speaking countries, takes place on January 6. This feast day commemorates the presentation of the baby ...

Friday, 22 April

Video Flashback: Menem Proposes Building Spaceship[The Argentine Post]
It was 1996 and anything, in then-president Carlos Menem’s mind at least, seemed possible, including the idea of building a spaceship that could fly from Argentina to Japan in 1.5 hours....

Thursday, 21 April

BA Realtors, Armed Robbery & Illegal Drugs[InvestBA.com]
OPEN HOUSE: Beautiful estate in Northern Buenos Aires neighborhood, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, gourmet kitchen, private gardens and pool. Realtors may threaten you at gunpoint; steal your cash, electron...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back