Daily Url, May 30

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, 30 May

Magic: tango shoes 2009[Sallycat's Adventures]
We gather at 2pm in a posh cafè on the corner of Arenales and Libertad. We are Miss 15, Miss 10, Miss 4 and Me (since last week I am Miss 7).
Miss 15 announces, Sorry everyone, I hope you...

Friday, 29 May

Visiting a shipwreck[travelling Buenos Aires]
On December 2008, in the excavations of a construction in Puerto Madero, the workers discovered the rests of a ship buried for over 300 years. Since today, and for one month only, there will ...

Evita Story Gets Lively After Death[Washington Post]
... Her husband, Juan Peron, had her body mummified and planned to put it in an opulent mausoleum, one that remained incomplete ...

Thursday, 28 May

Incarcerated Politician Announces Candidacy[The Argentimes]
The ex-subcomissioner, Luis Patti, announced that he plans to run in the elections next month from inside his prison cell at the Marcos Paz facility. Using a telephone connected to a speaker system, P...

Casa l’Inc - Creating the Connection[The Argentimes]
Casa L’Inc is a small gallery on a street corner in Palermo. The building’s exterior may be unassuming but the large comic strip mural tells of the hushed revolution going on inside. Only in their fir...

Thursday, 28 May

Internet and e-commerce industry in Argentina[Ecommerce Journal]
Argentina has one of the best and high developed and fastest growing broadband markets in Latin America. Experts sees the Argentina Internet market to have huge potential...

Wednesday, 27 May

The Reality of Finding Work in Buenos Aires[Argentina's Travel Guide]
If you’ve fallen in love with the colonial style architecture, the welcoming Portenos and the abundance of steak it is not impossible to find work as a backpacker in order to extend your romance w...

Historical exhibit on Buenos Aires daily life[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
An interesting exhibition about the daily life in Buenos Aires during the past centuries is taking place at UCA's Pabellon de Bellas Artes. The exhibit is made of iconography and portraits of the Bue...

Mirá! Ballenas![GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
One of the most beautiful experiences I've had here in Argentina is going to the Peninsula Valdés in the province of Chubut and watching right whales, who come into the bay there to give birth and...

Las Madres de Plaza de Mayo[The Life Less Travelled]
Among the "disappeared" (see previous post ) were pregnant mothers whose babies, once born, were then illegally adopted by military families. Ramón Camps, a general responsible for orchastratin...

Tuesday, 26 May

Ameritina Pt. 2[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
As we noted in April , Alan Beattie's new economic history, False Economy: A Surprising Economic History of the World , savages Argentina's economic management by comparing it to the U.S. Should ...

Gallery Nights May 2009 Edition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
On Friday, May 29th, 2009 , from 7 PM , a new edition of Gallery Nights 2009 , the original circuit for art lovers around more than 60 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers...

BA residents’ infatuated cultural self esteem[Mercopress]
A majority of Buenos Aires City residents consider themselves more enlightened and educated than the rest of Argentines and of Latinamericans with the movies as their main leisure distraction, according to a public opinion poll...

Buenos Aires China town has a new Entry Arc[Places to visit in Argentina]
Argentina, like all countries of the world with a strong Chinese community, hasfinished the construction an entrance arch to the chinese neighbourhood. The government of China decided to p...

giving directions[Yillabean]
while my family was here we took many cabs, something i don't do often. taxista #1 he let 5 of us pile into his cab (safety issues don't exist). he said it would be 5 pesos more. fair enough i thoug...

Sunday, 24 May

Like a Herd of Goats[SaltShaker]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back