Dating Argentines...

When I started going out with my guy I told him that 90% of my friends are male. He doesn't care, and they've pretty much all married by now anyway. However the guys I know who have settled with Argentine women I'm no longer able to see, their girlfriends get crazy jealous -- but I've heard some crazy stories about the Argentine guys too. One I know stalks his own girlfriend -- that is seriously scary, but she's just as warped so I guess maybe they are attracted to each other because of their rather psychotic behaviours.

I agree with the poster above, you need to adjust to the endless family affairs. This was especially true for me as I had been single for almost a year before I met my guy and had moved down on my own, used to planning my own time, and it was pretty overwhelming to not just have a boyfriend but also have all of these assumed commitments.

Oh, and don't ever expect to be accepted by the girlfriend's in your Argentine guy's circle of friends. You will always be slightly mistrusted. I'm also more of an outsider in my boyfriend's circle because I'm actually in my 30s, whereas all the other guys are dating girls at least 5, if not 10 years younger them. So in terms of maturity, at least 10 - 15 years younger, if not more, than I am. I end up talking to the guys most of the time when we go out, which of course makes the girls even more annoyed with me.

I really don't like the visit to the hospital literally within hours of the birth of a new baby. To me it is overwhelming and ridiculous to allow 20 people to press into a room right after a woman's given birth. I personally would never allow it, I don't need 20 people, including the husband's boss and co-workers staring at me right after labor.

The plus side -- celebrations can be really a lot more fun. And there's certain things you'd miss if you never went out with a local. I love local weddings. We're getting married this year, twice -- once in Canada and then again here. The one in Canada will be fun in a reserved way, but the one here will be a blast!

Telos also exist because people live at home with their parents until their late twenties, early thirties, and therefore use them as somewhere to go to have sex with their partners. In general, I have noticed that parents have quite conservative rules and do not allow their kids' partners to sleep over. Have you seen the cinemas, parks, any quiet dark corner at night?!

the people here are a bit more jealous and maybe a little bit more dramatic, but not really all that different than in the states. worrying about what you have to do to get an argentine partner is just gonna prevent you from getting one! be yourself, you'll be fine...

syngirl said:
I'm also more of an outsider in my boyfriend's circle because I'm actually in my 30s, whereas all the other guys are dating girls at least 5, if not 10 years younger than them. So in terms of maturity, at least 10 - 15 years younger, if not more, than I am. I end up talking to the guys most of the time when we go out, which of course makes the girls even more annoyed with me.

...if not 15 years younger.

:D

Best Scenerio: Marry an Argentine woman and bring her to the US and all will be fine.

balle13112 said:
Best Scenerio: Marry an Argentine woman and bring her to the US and all will be fine.

This really is the answer.

I have lost count of all of the Argentinean women that I have known over the years who were actively seeking someone to take them out of
Argentina. However, this is certainly not limited to Argentineans. The same could be said of many other countries around the globe. Also, in addition to the U.S., countries such as Spain, England, Canada, and Australia work just as well.

Recoleta Carolina said:
This really is the answer.

I have lost count of all of the Argentinean women that I have known over the years who were actively seeking someone to take them out of
Argentina. However, this is certainly not limited to Argentineans. The same could be said of many other countries around the globe. Also, in addition to the U.S., countries such as Spain, England, Canada, and Australia work just as well.

Sadly, this is just all too true.

I think I may possibly have found myself the only Argentinian in the entire country NOT interested in the green card.

KatharineAnn said:
Sadly, this is just all too true.

I think I may possibly have found myself the only Argentinian in the entire country NOT interested in the green card.

I married an American 6 yrs ago and am not interested in living in the Us or getting a green card. If I ever do it, it will be just so he can be closer to his family and friends. I believe RC is plain wrong and you cannot generalize over 15 million Argentine women...

nikad said:
I married an American 6 yrs ago and am not interested in living in the Us or getting a green card. If I ever do it, it will be just so he can be closer to his family and friends. I believe RC is plain wrong and you cannot generalize over 15 million Argentine women...

I think clearly what I said was a joke, and vented frustration in my boyfriend´s inability to commit :)

Of course there are many Argentine women who do not care about the green card... but it´s also true that there are many who do. It´s sad because for some people it really is the only way out that they can see to a lifetime of economic instability and insecurity. This is at least the version I have heard from these women, and I think it makes sense. Now women here who have a very good economic level here in Buenos Aires may never be interested in a green card, because of course, this is an amazing city if you´ve got the cash.

I think all RC was trying to mention was that, sadly, there is a tendency among down on their luck women to start to see moving to the US as their only escape...

I am American married to an Argentine. I invited a platonic girlfriend over (alone) to take some photos of the porch for a pictorial, and she freaked out. Argentine women are very possessive and jealous. When my wife broke up with her Argentine boyfriend before going out with me, he threw all of her furniture out to the street! Scary
Fred

Back