Dating For Men In Their Mid Forties?

join a cultural association, Amigos del Bellas Artes o the Colon, or Casa Foa or other Charity groups. Do volunteer work and offer your services to the Board. Sure you will hit big time...!!

join a cultural association, Amigos del Bellas Artes o the Colon, or Casa Foa or other Charity groups. Do volunteer work and offer your services to the Board. Sure you will hit big time...!!

Rich One, don't give those incredibly good advices! (OK, also go to the Malba lectures, the Amnesty & Greenpeace meetings, etc.).

Never look interested (sexually) in the woman, just show you like her way of being & that you like seeing her and just have in mind a friendship (even if that's the opposite). She must come to think first that she really wants something to happen, he he.

One tricky thing here: In France I had quite many women friends, we could go out for dinner, movies, shows as friends and nothing more.

Here, if you tell an Argentine woman "May I invite you for dinner", she will understand "Do you want to have sex with me?"

I'm in my 40s too, I had a 18 y/o GF for about 16 months (I finally broke... Now her friends are chasing me, lol. But I'm done with pendejas. 33/37 years would be more reasonable :p and culturally interesting too)

Check out www.latinamericancupid.com.

I have been a member on and off since 2006.

I met my first and ONLY Argentine girlfriend on this site in 2006.

Last December (2012) I became a "gold" member again and have received over 5000 "interests" from Latin women since then.

Only a few were from Argentina.

Many were from the Dominican Republic and I ignored all of them.

There were only a few "interests" sent from woman in Argentina (less than 10).

I responded to less than 15 out of the 5000 of the total received.

Two thirds of those I wrote to were from Colombia and the rest from Brazil.

My advice, as a 63 year old man with the libido and the (measured) testosterone level of a 29 year old: Do not come to Argentina looking for love!!!!!

Unless you want to import it! :p

Wow ok,

@steveinbsas I did do the search on argentina women but nono of the topics address dating for men that are mature and whether or not its possible for age disparity in relationships happen or not. Certainly here in Britain it simply never happens. when i was 36, i dated a girl that was 24. I got told once i was a pervert. Age difference is a serious issue in uk.

@elqueso I think you have put me off argentine women for life. I didnt realise it was so crazy down there.

I have lived in Barcelona for more than 10 years so my Spanish is pretty good. I own my own business and have no problem with moving to Argentina

I have dated mexicans and colombians but they aren't my cup of tea. I was told, that the argentina had more of a european look which i love. that is why I was going to attempt going out with one.

I'll keep checking for replies. Thanks.

Excellent thread. ( but I did not read El queso's post..too long for comfort)

I have my views but prefer to keep them to myself.

Anything and everything is possible in BA. Age, looks, bank balance, libido, bear no importance.

Options are limitless here.

latina lover...u can come here! u wont be disappointed. I assure u.

Hahahahahaha. This thread is hilarious!

OP, be honest dude, you're not looking for a "partner." You're a wealthy older man who has a checklist of the type of woman he'd like to sleep with and thinks he can bag as a wealthy business owner if he moves to a poorer country. You're attracted to Latin American women (especially if they're white, ugh, hence your interest in a cono sur country) as opposed to other women because you think you'll have some sort of leverage due to your money/power/heritage, or a combination of all three--the type of leverage you don't have where you live right now. Why try to sugar coat it? You're hardly the first. There are plenty of web sites and agencies that can help you out, and plenty of young women looking for a transactional, old-school relationship with an older man. Just don't be an idiot and act surprised if your financial situation changes and suddenly the woman of your dreams decides she doesn't love you anymore. There are a lot of bitter expats in Latin America who tried to play that game but didn't quite get how it worked, or forgot somewhere along the way. Good luck and godspeed, but you'll get what you want faster if you're completely honest with yourself (and her).

B....Y.....O....B
The true locals are just a bit hysterical.

Check out www.latinamericancupid.com.

My advice, as a 63 year old man with the libido and the (measured) testosterone level of a 29 year old: Do not come to Argentina looking for love!!!!!
Steve, What are you raising on that farm?

Can someone tell me something about Argentina?

I have been recently looking up a place where I can live but also a place I can find a partner. i looked at other countries in Latin America but I looked at Argentina and read about the place and have fallen in love.

What is the dating prospects like for slightly older men in the mid 40's?

I would very much like to court and possibly marry a lady there.

Is my age going to affect my prospects? In the Uk having a age difference larger than 3-5 years is ok. Anything more than that and it can cause problems for men looking to date younger women.

Out of curiosity, why did you pick Argentina as a place to live and to marry? It's an extremely complicated country both socially, economically and politically to live in. You're motive will help in determining if Argentina is the right place for you.

Back