Dating in Argentina vs Dating in US/UK....

granny looks good for 84...but i think that would be a little outside my age preference!

The dating culture in Argentina is more similar to Spain in my experience than to the U.S. The women are typically more conservative, social circle and family also play a much larger role.

This thread constitutes an evaluation of dating women of a certain age group, upper middle class , form Palermo & Recoleta ?

This thread constitutes an evaluation of dating women of a certain age group, upper middle class , form Palermo & Recoleta ?

Not really, but I’m guessing most are dating women/men they either met on dating sites, nightlife areas (which many are in upscale areas) or events that bring people together like Meetups or dance classes.

I’m sure the chance of finding people in Palermo/Recoleta is higher of these are the areas where your day to day life is

Not really, but I’m guessing most are dating women/men they either met on dating sites, nightlife areas (which many are in upscale areas) or events that bring people together like Meetups or dance classes.

I’m sure the chance of finding people in Palermo/Recoleta is higher of these are the areas where your day to day life is

I figured that "dating in Argentina " was too wide a concept..! over 20 provinces, with different age and socioeconomic groups..!

I figured that "dating in Argentina " was too wide a concept..! over 20 provinces, with different age and socioeconomic groups..!

That's an odd way to view things. It's like you don't want this topic discussed for some reason. No one should ever mention "dating in USA" then because its 50 states as well as several territories. How dare we ever speak about it! If 20 provinces is too "wide a concept" , would a country with 8 provinces be okay? Hmmm.. 5? How many socioeconomic groups allowed?

You also assume people are only dealing with dating upper middle class Argentinians in Palermo and Recoleta. I don't live in either neighborhood, I've dated Argentinian women in Spain, Mexico, USA and Cordoba of many different socialeconomic groups. (All under 40, so you got me there with age groups..) Yet what I said previously applies to all of them.

What is dating, by the way? Can we agree on a definition?

What is dating, by the way? Can we agree on a definition?
Hi Alby,

One definition with two sub definitions:

#1) Two people who set time aside to spend with each other doing something they both enjoy in a leisurely manner or setting.

A) As friends ... PLATONIC ... no intent of sexual interaction.

B) Sexual interaction is very much on the table as a possibility or goal of one or both of the participants.

That's an odd way to view things. It's like you don't want this topic discussed for some reason. No one should ever mention "dating in USA" then because its 50 states as well as several territories. How dare we ever speak about it! If 20 provinces is too "wide a concept" , would a country with 8 provinces be okay? Hmmm.. 5? How many socioeconomic groups allowed?

You also assume people are only dealing with dating upper middle class Argentinians in Palermo and Recoleta. I don't live in either neighborhood, I've dated Argentinian women in Spain, Mexico, USA and Cordoba of many different socialeconomic groups. (All under 40, so you got me there with age groups..) Yet what I said previously applies to all of them.

Moe... like your name..!

My point was that one should be more specific . Dating a gal under 30 you met at Niceto Club, or La Viruta is Very different form a girl you met in church at Santa Rosa , La Pampa. Add the background variation.
Dating a Valley Girl , from San Fernando Valley , very Different form a girl form Tulsa..!
Furthermore in the USA background makes a BIG difference WASP, Armenian,Latino, Iranian , Asian, Hebrew, Russian, etc. BTW I've met all those variants in LA..!

Reactions: Moe
Dating here rocks. You'll have a built in advantage as a yanqui. Argentine dudes are notoriously forward and scummy (dont shoot the messenger, that's what all my argentine girl friends tell me!) and there's tons of girls here that like to say they exclusively date foreigners.You'll get more matches than ever before on tinder, if you elect to use it. If you don't, it's really easy to start chatting with someone if you're next to them at a coffee shop or whatever. I've found women here to be super amicable to making plans within a dayish of talking on a dating app, and have generally found that people here are about as sexually forward as they were in new york city, which is to say very. If you're dating in the younger cohort, be prepared for them to live with their parents.

honestly, as a former new york city bartender and someone who's never had trouble getting laid, Argentina is by far my favorite place that I've ever dated in.

Back