Dating in Argentina vs Dating in US/UK....

At the end of the day it's no different here than it is in the UK. Much depends on what type of person you are and the one that you meet.

Doesnt it tell you something that not a single woman has said anything?
And, I would assume only a couple of you (given global percentages) are gay, which means your "dating" would involve women.
and yet, they seem particularly disinterested in the way this discussion is framed.

I would just say, there is a reason why so few new, young, or female people comment much on this forum in general.

And, yes, I "woke" in 1955, and have been pretty much awake ever since.
Whilst I agree that this thread is pretty distasteful/ neanderthal and tried to show that by questioning its fundamental base concept, the funny thing is since most people operate on this site with a pseudonym and an odd graphic or simply an initial, there is usually no way of knowing whether any particular contributor is male or female. It is interesting that we make assumptions about people's gender based on what they write about themselves. How is this for an exercise: let's try and imagine every contributor who we have always assumed is male, to instead be a female. Like looking at the world from a different angle.

New
And, I would assume only a couple of you (given global percentages) are gay, which means your "dating" would involve women.
and yet, they seem particularly disinterested in the way this discussion is framed.

I would just say, there is a reason why so few new, young, or female people comment much on this forum in general.

Few New, Young, or Female participants. on this Forum They either comment elsewhere? or chose not to comment at all?

Should someone be worried about this ? age, gender of participants ? sexual preferences ?

I repeat my observation. Why do we tend to assume that the people who contribute with a gender-neutral pseudonym (which seems to be almost all of us) are males? (I admit, I do it myself (and I say that without giving away my own gender)). Many of us give our age away, through what we write. Some of us may inadvertently give away our gender.

I would begin by asking the question: how can we really know that there are few female participants on this forum? We seem to assume that is the case, but I think we do so because of our own hidden biases (and I include myself in that observation).

I miss the days when a date meant having pie and coffee with a little chit chat.

Not really, but I’m guessing most are dating women/men they either met on dating sites, nightlife areas (which many are in upscale areas) or events that bring people together like Meetups or dance classes.

I’m sure the chance of finding people in Palermo/Recoleta is higher of these are the areas where your day to day life is
You meet people everywhere, Recoleta or ghettos, Cafes, markets, streets. Some of the people in this forum met their wives in stores. One time I was looking at the real estate photos on Santa Fe, a lovely lady was also looking at the photos there, I asked her couple of questions, she started to offer to find me an apt, she is not in real estate business. Another time I was running in Recoleta, saw a young women from UK looking at the fresh empanadas, I told her that there was a better store nearby, she started to ask more questions, at the end of the conversation, she said she and her fiance would like to invite me for dinner so I could tell him the same stories again. I told him not to invest in Argentina, later we became friends, and they bought real estate in Malta, and I visited them in Malta. I am an Asian guy in my 50s, speak almost zero Castillano, I met so many people in BsAs from different places that each time I visited Argentina, I was never able to get out city of Buenos Aires, there are always people to hangout in the city. You just have to say hi to people and Argies love to talk to foreigners in general. Later, I visited some part of Europe more often, same. If you are visiting Thailand or Vietnam, you literally can meet people in malls, stores, streets, restaurants, dance clubs, parks, schools. Very different from US. You might be just an average Joe from Santa Clara California, but can be an interesting man in BsAs or Sant Petersburg Russia, just like this guy

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

Isnt it a bit sexist to assume that women cant voice their opinions, cant defend themselves (in case they really should be offended by this thread)? Why the urge to step in on behalf of someone else?

Back