Day Trips To Escape The City

csparson

Registered
So I've been in BsAs for four months now, with one to go. Now looking to move beyond the capital to explore. I've been to La Plata, San Isidrio, and Tigre -- planning trips to Colonia de Uruguay But what other day trips are worth taking to get to know the areas around the capital?

Thanks!
Cam

I went to San Antonio de Areco on the recommendations of many BsAs residents. To be honest, I didn't see what all the fuss was about. It is a nice enough town, but certainly doesn't live up to the fuss people make of it. It is quite tranquil as it is a small town, but apart from a short walk along the river (pictured in my profile pic) and 30 minutes spent at the Gaucho museum there really aren't any other tourist activities.

Something else to keep in mind is that San Antonio de Areco has a five hour siesta so most places (including most restaurants) are closed between 12pm and 5pm which could make a day trip there a little hard.

In san Antonio the thing to do is a trip to a local ranch (estancia), not the city itself

Add Tomas Jofre, check estancias zona oeste in Google

Did San Pedro today. It was a nice day trip. Nice lunch overlooking the river . A couple nice galleries. Nice park along river. Easy drive. Perfect !

Lobos? Escobar? Are you kidding? I went to Escobar - scary place. Lobos? Looked dreary to me.

Back