Day Trips To Escape The City

Rosario a must a weekend trip....! :D

Rosario is a pleasure as long as it's not the height of summer. Sunday morning walking up and down (on roller blading or running if you are so inclined) boulevard oronio is a joy. The price is food in the restaurants is a relief also!....plenty of bars about for the night owls amongst us and if you like to lounge about in the sun you can head for one of the River beaches. It's a lot easier if you are driving as you can get up there in time for lunch on a Sat morning or in time for a late dinner on Friday night if you get a good run.

Am hoping that Newell's can get past Atl Mineiro (I'm allowed to have a 2nd team ..right?) in the libertadores because I have a cousin with a ticket for me if they get to the final. The celebrations after the football win up there were something else...and seemingly pretty safe. City has crime issues but seemingly related to narco gangs, always felt pretty safe to me, that said I only ever stick to the nicer areas. I wouldn't venture to far out of the city centre and riverside areas.

If you are going, and I recommend you do for a weekend of fun (and possibly football), we usually stay in Cetro Real apartments. Serviced apartments with secure parking. If you hire the bigger of the rooms you get your own little serviced apartment with separate bedroom and kitchen for a hotel rate. Well located and safe. (I have no connection I should add!)...you can bring your dog if you like also.

Tigre, stay at one of the hotels on the islands. They have restaurants, nice grounds, birds, swimming pools. ( Okay, not really sure any are open this time of the year, we go back to Seattle).
Nancy

Back