Dead Birds and Earthquakes

Thank you Redrum for a most interesting article. For years earthquakes have been a topic of great interest for me and I have never noticed the incredible amount of seismic activity that the world has suffered of late.

There are some doubts in my mind for this and especially with the biblical events of the last year including the Pakistan floods. Russian Heat Wave, Australian floods and many more natural disasters that are now common .

I believe that 2011 will be much worse due to these factors and there seems a connection with 2012 and the connotation of this important date.

It's not the USA/CIA or mother nature. It's something else... It's aliens.

It's not the USA/CIA or mother nature. It's something else... It's aliens.
It's just us, we are destroying the planet. And we keep doing so, demanding to find all products of the World in every corner of the World, mobile coverage everywhere, bigger and most powerful cars, starting silly wars and keeping nukes, etc.

Amargo said:
It's just us, we are destroying the planet. And we keep doing so, demanding to find all products of the World in every corner of the World, mobile coverage everywhere, bigger and most powerful cars, starting silly wars and keeping nukes, etc.

Perhaps a better understanding of tectonic plate subduction will provide a better explanation of earthquakes around the globe than the worldwide increase in the number of Subway (sandwich) franchises.:p

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/dynamic/understanding.html

Even if human activity was responsible for the death of the 5,000 blackbirds (fireworks is a possible explanation), the extinction of almost all of the 999 out of every 1000 species that ever lived occurred prior to the first appearance of human beings.:D

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/extinction_sidebar_000907.html

The planet is doomed, anyway. The sun will eventually destroy the earth (though humans will probably be long gone thanks to a good old fashioned asteroid impact).:)

http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/200809/219/the-sun-will-destroy-planet-earth-in-7-6bn-years

Just because the Mayan calendar ended in 2012 does not mean the world will end. There is nothing important about 2012 except conspiracy theories.

Belief in the importance of 2012 just makes it hard to take anything else you say on the board seriously.

I am quite sure the humans have indeed something to do with the death of those birds. Probably an increase in the CO2 levels, radiation coming from telecommunications, radars, nuclear facilities, etc.
We are too stupid to administrate our resources, like demanding peanut butter on every corner of the World, or apples from New Zealand, or Coffee from every possible producer country. These things are just too cheap, it should be paid a lot more for them according to the REAL damage caused to the environment.

BTW, the idea that the "mayan calendar ends in 2012" (if that even had the most infinitesimal relevance anyway!) is downright false. It's the equivalent of expecting the world to end every December 31st because, you know, "that's when our calendar ends, innit?".

Those that propagate such anti-rational thoughts are fair illustration of why it's only been a few hundred years since we were burning random old women in the village because the harvest failed.

esllou said:
Those that propagate such anti-rational thoughts are fair illustration of why it's only been a few hundred years since we were burning random old women in the village because the harvest failed.

They still do that in parts of the world.

But then again, those people are living in a world of a few hundred years ago.

...I think the only way we'll get to the bottom of this is if we keep the thread open and organise to come back in *2013* to finish it off :) Assuming we can of course... :) For me personally I feel pretty sure that the next few years are going to see major changes happening all over the world - more so than in a long time - but then again I'm heathen and I have some ideas that are a bit different... :)

Back