Dead Birds and Earthquakes

On a totally unrelated note - sort of - there MUST be someone down in Argentina making MEAD ? Surely? And no - I'm not talking about that Hidromiel stuff - I mean REAL honey mead (preferably the spiced variety) - you know the drum, the stuff you drink out of a viking meadhorn etc... I did ask a while ago - but ''just in case'' thought I'd ask again now - something tells me I better drink up now for the last month I am here because down there its one of the few things I might be going without...

Meh I read that article. There is probably a perfectly sane explanation as to why they have died. The way this article has been picked up and written by outlets seems like a deliberate attempt to feed 2012 end of world believes.

Johnno said:
On a totally unrelated note - sort of - there MUST be someone down in Argentina making MEAD ? Surely? And no - I'm not talking about that Hidromiel stuff - I mean REAL honey mead (preferably the spiced variety) - you know the drum, the stuff you drink out of a viking meadhorn etc... I did ask a while ago - but ''just in case'' thought I'd ask again now - something tells me I better drink up now for the last month I am here because down there its one of the few things I might be going without...

Antares do a honey beer, not sure if thats what you're after though
http://www.cervezaantares.com/index.php

I do not believe in 2012 nor the Mayan calendar but I do believe that many in power are expoiting this to achieve nefararious aims to change the status quo in the world today.

What is happening of late is plainly obvious for those of us who are intelligent to open their eyes.

perry said:
I do not believe in 2012 nor the Mayan calendar but I do believe that many in power are expoiting this to achieve nefararious aims to change the status quo in the world today.

What is happening of late is plainly obvious for those of us who are intelligent to open their eyes.

Why don't you enlighten us, I speak for the closed eyed and unintelligent members of the forum.

I used to make my own honey beer here in Oz - Bavarian style - 12% alcohol and canned myself in 500 ml cans - so a 6 pack of my brew not only gave you maximum calories but also 3 litres of 12% beer :) NOT quite up to the standard of EKU28 (the only beer I know to hit such a high alcohol percentage - 28% - but even so, a six pack of mine DOES the job :) lol

Mmmmh - I'm wondering if it isn't time there was a small mead making operation set up in BA :) For those of you not yet initiated into the world of mead drinking - here is the Australian one that I tend to drink a fair bit of: http://www.maxwellwines.com.au/maxwell-mead/

Its a lovely drop - just don't think about the calories involved in drinking a few bottles of this wonderful stuff and you'll be fine :)

I´d be more concerned about what has been happening these last few weeks here in our very own Capital Federal, rather than the world ending, because if it does, who cares? What are you / me / us gonna do about it?

1) Spike in murders and violent crime
2) Very high profile bank robberies that have netted millions of $$$
3) Stolen ammunition enough to carry out a large scale terrorist attack a few times over
4) Possible sabotage to one of CFKs presidential airplanes.
5) There are no gummy bears being allowed into the country.
Is anybody besides me concerned about these potentially real threats to our peace?

Back