Decent clothes for an 11 year old ?

ivan

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a winter jacket for my 11 year old son. Does anyone know of good stores selling reasonably priced items, of decent quality ? I see lots of places selling adult or baby stuff but not so much in between these ages.

Grisino is good in general but I suspect their target is younger. Kevingston is a bit pricey for me. My son likes Adidas gear but so far I haven't seen many items his age, even in the Adidas store on Santa Fe.
He definitely isn't into the traditional style (ie fake posh British style a la Grisino)

If anyone with kids has recommendations, that will help..

Cheers,
Ivan

What do your son's classmates and friends' wear? I imagine their mothers could guide provide you store names.

Long ago, I moved to England with my 5-year-old. I used to make all his clothes. This embarrassed him in his new abode. He was so happy the day I took him shopping for a new wardrobe and bought him the kind of clothing his friends wore. Even the school uniforms for weekdays. He integrated very well from then on. But he did keep the jacket I designed for him with its own built-in backpack.

Sockhopper said:
What do your son's classmates and friends' wear? I imagine their mothers could guide provide you store names.

This is valid advice but a bit difficult to follow... My kids are in a very expensive school that I am using just because the teaching is both in my kids' mother tongue and in Spanish, which helps them adapt to their new life.

We are part of the "educated middle-class" I guess, but the other school kids are really part of the "the economic elite". So other kids wear expensive brands.

My kids like trendy stuff but don't focus on brands, they are actually very grow up. They still like "good style". Back in the UK it was easy, just go to Lillywhites and there would be plenty of cheap discounted articles. Here everything is expensive...

I would go to Zara, although their children's sizes go up to 13-14 years old and depending on your son's size, it might be too small for him. You can find a nice jacket for under $400 pesos.

nativexpat said:
I would go to Zara, although their children's sizes go up to 13-14 years old and depending on your son's size, it might be too small for him. You can find a nice jacket for under $400 pesos.

The one who needs a jacket is not very tall yet so it should fit :)

I've shopped in Zara in the past, it's true that quality is generally good.

I go to Casa Voss at the Spinetto is an excellent brand and an outlet I have 11 years old triplets, in the same place there is a Cheeky that is also a good outlet.
good luck
Reina

rihornos said:
I go to Casa Voss at the Spinetto is an excellent brand and an outlet I have 11 years old triplets, in the same place there is a Cheeky that is also a good outlet.
good luck
Reina

That sounds very interesting, I will go and have a look tomorrow. Thanks !!

Ivan,
How have things gone looking for clothes for you son? Any luck? I hope it worked.

Hi,
I have to go to the US in June and will take advantage of this trip to bring back items to sale here.
If you are interested send me a PM with the items you are looking for, sizes and budget.
Thanks.

I would recommend to buy them online and let someone bring it for you. It will be cheaper and you will have a better quality, especially at that age when you need to wash the clothes all the time...
Here the majority of the clothes are synthetic and don't give any warmth. Apart from being expensive and poor quality.

Back