Democrats Abroad In Argentina For Bernie Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie Sanders interview on The Young Turks Network, March 23, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggFitmOTSok

Thank you, Janis!

Our campaign was just declared the winner of two more states: Washington State with 101 delegates, and Alaska with 16 delegates. These are our fourth and fifth wins out of the last six results, and there's still another caucus today where we expect to do very well.

We’ll be in touch with the results from Hawaii, but this is shaping up to be a tremendous day for our campaign. And with a big showdown in Wisconsin on the horizon, it’s important that we keep the momentum going.

When we started this campaign no one thought we would win a single state, let alone 13 out of the first 31. No one thought we could compete financially with the most prolific fundraiser in Democratic Party history, especially by relying on small-dollar contributions from working Americans.

We keep proving the political establishment and corporate media wrong. And if we continue to stand together, we are going to win.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

Janis -

We are on a path towards victory, and we took three more steps down that path last night with three YUGE wins in Alaska, Hawaii and Washington.

We won each of those states with more than 68 percent of the vote, same as we did last week in Idaho, Utah, and Democrats Abroad. We are significantly shrinking Hillary Clinton's lead, and we're going to keep it up.

You are the momentum for our campaign. When you vote, caucus, volunteer, or make a contribution, you are building our momentum. Every ballot, every phone call or door knocked, and every dollar moves us forward.

We are only doing so well because millions of people want us to do well. No billionaires, no super PACs. Just you, Janis, and the rest of our political revolution.

When working people and young people, when people who have given up on the political process get involved, that's how we win. They demand a government that represents them and not the 1 percent of our country. And if enough of us come together, they'll get it.

Right now we have the momentum. Momentum is having 14,000 people out in a rally in Salt Lake City about a week ago and 15,000 in Seattle on Monday night.

Momentum is in election after election, winning an overwhelming percentage of young people who are participating in the democratic process.

Momentum is having rallies and town meetings that have brought out more than one million people over the course of this campaign.

What we are seeing is that the people of this country want to make it a better country. They are prepared to stand up and fight and take on the major crises that we face. They want an economy that works for all of us, not just wealthy campaign contributors. They want the United States of America to join every other major country and guarantee health care to all people as a right.

Conservative, progressive, Republican, or Democrat — they are all embarrassed by a corrupt campaign finance system that allows billionaires to buy elections.

And so they are fighting back, with almost 6 million contributions from nearly 2 million people, at an average of about $27 apiece.

I'm glad you are a part of this with me. Thank you.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

Senator Alan Grayson (D-Florida) wants Bernie Sanders supporters not to worry. The best is yet to come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdHrUs9JVo

Bernie Sanders wins, Corporate media spins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqNjD5m9C_w

Janis -

When our campaign first set foot in Wisconsin this past summer, we got a very warm welcome from the people of Wisconsin. I spoke to more than 10,000 people in Madison about our corrupt political system, our broken economy, and how our political revolution can take back our country from people like the Koch Brothers in the billionaire class.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and the Republican Party weren't as happy to see me. Governor Walker, who has been helped throughout his career by the Koch Brothers, issued statements against us, and the GOP even put up billboards calling me an "extremist."

Well, let's talk about extremism. Scott Walker has attacked the minimum wage, gutted unions, made it much harder to vote, and restricted access to abortion. That is extremism.

I can think of no better place for our political revolution to continue its momentum than in Wisconsin. The latest poll has us down just a few points, and I know that if we work together right now, we can pull off a huge victory.

With a huge FEC fundraising deadline on Thursday at midnight, there has not been a more important time for you to support our campaign.

Not only has Governor Walker been helped throughout his career by huge financial support from the Koch Brothers, but he has enacted their ideology while in office.

When you deny the right of workers to come together in collective bargaining, that's extremism.

When you tell a woman that she cannot control her own body, that's extremism.

When you give tax breaks to billionaires and refuse to raise the minimum wage, that's extremism.

Our views, which represent the views of the vast majority of the American people, are a little bit different. We believe that the time has come for the people of Wisconsin and all over the country to create a movement that tells the billionaire class: YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL!

And what we are saying to the Koch Brothers and Scott Walker is that this great country belongs to everybody, and not just a handful of very wealthy people.

When the people stand together against the Koch Brothers and the billionaire class, we can win.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

We sent a letter to Hillary Clinton's campaign over the weekend asking for a debate in New York before its battleground primary on April 19.

You can read the full letter to Clinton Campaign Manager Robby Mook here:

Dear Robby,

I am writing to you about the remaining, agreed-upon Democratic primary season debates in April and May of this year. As you know, Secretary Clinton agreed to three additional debates – one in March, one in April, one in May – in return for our campaign agreeing to the late-scheduled debate in New Hampshire prior to that state’s primary.

At Senator Sanders’ request, the March debate was held in Michigan. As I understand it, there was previously agreement reached by our representatives for the May debate to be held in California. I trust that commitment remains on your part.

However, there has not been agreement on the April debate in terms of date or location. Our campaign continues to believe that the people of New York deserve to have the debate held in their state, and that it should be held prior to the New York primary.

Given the outcome of electoral contests since March 15th it is clearer than ever that New York will play a critical role in determining the Democratic nominee. However, your campaign has consistently chosen to deny the people of New York the opportunity to see Senator Sanders and Secretary Clinton debate in the Empire State.

It is difficult to understand your motivation. I have received calls from numerous news companies seeking to sponsor a New York debate so I know the media interest would be high. Can you please explain why New York should not host the April debate? Is the Secretary concerned about debating before the people who twice elected her to the U.S. Senate?

Perhaps there is some tactical advantage you are seeking by avoiding a debate in New York but I would remind you that Senator Sanders agreed to debate the Secretary in New Hampshire when he was well ahead in the polls.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience so we can schedule the New York debate in April.

Regards,

Jeff Weaver
(Campaign Manager - Bernie 2016)

Add your name to say you want to see Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debate in New York before the April 19 battleground primary.

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/s/new-york-debate?source=em160329v1-a

Thank you, Janis. I am overwhelmed and I am moved by the fact that in March alone, our campaign received more than 1.7 million individual contributions from working Americans, and that it was our most successful fundraising month of the campaign.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that so many people would come together in a way that is not only unprecedented, but is transforming American politics. Since we started building this political revolution together, we have received more than 6.5 million individual contributions. And do you know what our average contribution is?

Just $27.

What we are doing through our campaign is proving that you don’t have to go around begging Wall Street, fossil fuel lobbyists, and pharmaceutical executives for outrageous sums of money in order to run a winning campaign.

I am very proud of that fact. You should be as well.

And building this kind of broad-based, grassroots movement is important because this moment in our history requires transformational change that no candidate for president, not Bernie Sanders or anybody else, can achieve alone.

That is why we are building a political revolution that is bringing millions of people together. Working people who have given up on the political process. Blacks and whites, Latinos, Asian Americans, Native Americans, straight, gay and transgender, female and male, people who were born in America and people who immigrated here all joining with each other.

And what we are saying loudly and clearly at every volunteer event, every rally, and with every contribution is that we believe this government belongs to all of us, and not just a wealthy few campaign donors.

That is what this campaign is about.

That is the political revolution.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

That is why we are building a political revolution that is bringing millions of people together. Working people who have given up on the political process. Blacks and whites, Latinos, Asian Americans, Native Americans, straight, gay and transgender, female and male, people who were born in America and people who immigrated here all joining with each other.
Actually no
8r1oVhi.jpg

Bernie wins with white voters like jantango and has no path to the nomination as a democrat.

Should have run as a republican, that's the party of racism and sexism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back