Democrats Abroad In Argentina For Bernie Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Sanders would be a much better match vs anyone on the repub side, but it is hard to see the following not happening:
  1. Sanders' supporters ignore his calls to start a grassroots movement and just focus on the election.
  2. The big money and the DNC line up behind Clinton and stab Sanders in the back (already happened).
  3. Sanders and his voters decide support Clinton against the evil republican candidate ("sure she's bad and against everything I believe in, but Ted Cruz!")
  4. Hillary Rodham Clinton becomes yet another Republican president with a D after her name, supporting her TBTF banks, bombing countries like Libya, raising the retirement age, stymieing single-payer health care...
And, as per usual, the "Democratic wing of the Democratic Party" will have no one but themselves to blame. Just remember this when you decide you're Ready for Hillary:

CYZN9j3WcAIPC8C.png

Why Bernie Sanders has excellent chance of winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2avIVr0cu4w

There are 7.6 million US expats around the world who need to register this month to vote in the primaries.

The two most sensible (R) candidates have been excluded from the next Debate, Rand Paul (Libertarian leaning) and Carly Fiorina (sensible, more mainstream). This is a real bad sign. It makes one think that the Don'd really is a Clin'tn plant or false flag....

At this point I don't know whether Bernie would be less bad than Hillary

I love this thread (hope it'd turn into a debate!), sorry Janis for making light fun of it earlier on.

Yes Sanders would be a much better match vs anyone on the repub side,
  1. The big money and the DNC line up behind Clinton and stab Sanders in the back (already happened).

a) now that Rand and Carly have been thrown to the dustbin, I must agree... Kasich is the definition of a benevolent fascist.... Carson acts defeatist, and the Hispanic/Canadian candidates, I don't know what to think of them but Rubio addressed some problems that come with the technological revolution we're all experiencing that no other candidate has mentioned (except for Istvan Zoltan)
I wont even mention the "most credible" R candidate, Jeb.....

1) Remember Dennis Kucinich?

Bernie Sanders take the lead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3TNkJSPDm8

"Remember Dennis Kucinich" is an excellent point. The Democratic Party is extremely efficient and ruthless at squashing any insurgencies from its left. But when it comes to fighting the Republicans on its right they're suddenly the party of "We've Fallen and We Can't Get Up". (We wanted to close Guantanamo but... Republicans! We wanted to propose universal healthcare but... Republicans! etc. etc.)

But the Kucinichs, Sanders, Jesse Jacksons, Henry Wallaces... all provide a crucial service to the DNC. As soon as the Democratic big money backers (see above list) get their candidate (Clinton) in past Sanders, a healthy portion of the voters energised by Sanders will vote for Clinton, because Republicans. Yet the fact that Clinton's policies are far to the right of Richard Nixon never seems to dawn on anyone.

Where does Bernie Sanders stand on the issues?

http://feelthebern.org/

Sisters and Brothers -

Here is what I believe: the greed of the pharmaceutical and health care industries in this country is killing Americans. It is a national disgrace that, despite great gains made under the Affordable Care Act, 29 million of our neighbors are still without care.

That is why I am, frankly, a bit surprised that with less than three weeks to go before the Iowa caucuses, the Clinton campaign is attacking our belief that health care must be recognized as a right, not a privilege, for every man, woman and child in our country. We cannot wait to realize that goal, and the best way to get there is a Medicare-for-all, single-payer system.

Yesterday, one of Hillary Clinton's several super PACs took aim at us, saying our plan would "require tax increases on working families."

It would be a terrible setback for our shared values and for our movement to reform a corrupt political system if we lost because a super PAC scared voters into thinking our plan would take away people's coverage or cost them more money. Help make sure that doesn't happen.

Under my plan, we will lower the cost of health care for the typical family by nearly $5,000 a year. It is unfair to say simply how much more a program will cost without letting people know we are doing away with the cost of private insurance and that the middle class will be paying substantially less for health care under a single-payer system than Hillary Clinton's program.

Attacking the cost of the plan without acknowledging the bottom-line savings is the way Republicans have attacked this idea for decades.

Taking that approach in a Democratic primary undermines the hard work of so many who have fought to guarantee health care as a right in this country, and it hurts our prospects for achieving that goal in the near future.

Fight back against the super PACs that have attacked our campaign, and help deliver a victory in Iowa for our political revolution. Make a contribution here:

https://go.berniesanders.com/victory-in-iowa

Real change comes about when large numbers of ordinary Americans speak, vote and get involved in the democratic process. If we stand together, we win. If we are divided, the big-money interests win. And we have a real shot to deliver a big victory in the fight for health care as a right for all Americans in this campaign.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

Live discussion: The Legacy of Dr. King

Scheduled for Jan 17, 2016 -- 3:00PM BA TIME

Watch Sen. Bernie Sanders, State Sen. Nina Turner, Dr. Cornel West, and Killer Mike as they discuss Martin Luther King Jr., his legacy, and the relevance of his work today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hgnbholp7g

Sisters and Brothers — The first question of tonight's debate got to the heart of our campaign. Lester Holt asked us, "How would you think big?"

This country faces more serious problems today than at any time since the Great Depression. Now is NOT the time for thinking small. Now is NOT the time for the same-old, same-old establishment politics and stale inside-the-beltway ideas.

If you are with me, add another contribution to help us win the Democratic nomination, the White House, and take back our country from the billionaire class.

If we continue to stand together, we have the opportunity for our political revolution to achieve the goal of universal health care as a right for every man, woman, and child. When you’re sick and go to a doctor, you should not come out in bankruptcy.

We will break up the big banks, take on Wall Street, and make the economy work for everybody, not just a handful of millionaires and billionaires.

We will fight to reverse climate change. We will protect a woman's right to choose. We will make the minimum wage a living wage. We will make our communities safer from gun violence.

We will do all of this and more. But I can't take on the billionaire class alone. I need you to stand with me tonight. So I am asking you directly:

Contribute to our campaign and show that you stand with our political revolution.

Now is the time for millions of working families to come together, to revitalize American democracy, to end the collapse of the American middle class. We must make certain that our children and grandchildren are able to enjoy a quality of life that brings them health, prosperity, security and joy — and that once again makes the United States the leader in the world in the fight for economic and social justice, for environmental sanity and for a world of peace.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back